cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

swift-kicks
Enthusiast
Trying to identify the following military pin. Stamped sterling and measures appx. 2" high. Thanks

Message 436 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
Bump
-
deradler1

Der Adler Military Artifacts
German Military items
Message 437 of 1,071
latest reply

I am not a Militaria Collector. I do however have a question regarding sales to other countries. Why do some seller's not want to sell their items to someone in France or Canada? Just wondering....
Message 438 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
greenridge1-

The reason some people don't sell to France, Germany, Austria, or Italy is because it is illegal for residents of those countries to import Nazi items.
-
deradler1

Der Adler Military Artifacts
German Military items
Message 439 of 1,071
latest reply

I found this picture of a dirigible/airship and after a lot of googling I've not been able to identify it, or the squadron. It measures 9" x 7" and is framed in an old oak frame. I'm sure that someone would be interested in this photo. Thank you for your help. I originaly posted this question to the Historical Memorabilia board, but recieved little interest. Thanks to springfield aka - cannonman who was very helpfull and knowlegible and answered some of my questions.
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=26&thread=410337313&modified=1098928369196
Andre

Message 440 of 1,071
latest reply

bcwoolies
Enthusiast
Hello everyone! I am hoping someone can help me with an item that I recently got with some Canadian military stuff(a subject I know little about).It is a small pin (like a hat or tie pin),with a carved skull.The skull is carved out of what looks to me like a tooth (ick!!!) I would really appreciate any ideas of what it may be as it is creeping me out.I dont know how to post pics on here or I would! Thanx :0)
Message 441 of 1,071
latest reply

The death's head symbol was used by some elite German units in WWII, maybe the SS? Anyway there is a possible connection there, and another with the death camps. It might be something to follow up on with some dealer in WWII militaria. No one can tell you much without a picture.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 442 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi All! I have a military patch. My husband thinks it may be a WWI. I have not figured out how to post a picture but could email it. The patch is a sort of triangle with what appears to be an eyeball (for lack of a better explanation) with wings. Eyeball looking item is white with black circle. Sort of a reddish top and green background with the winged eyeball in front. Looks to be on wool? Thank you!
Message 443 of 1,071
latest reply

glass-salmon
Enthusiast
Interesting thread, CAN'T BELIEVE we don't rate our own board! I collect mostly bullion patches and insignia. No continuity, everything from civil war to present, though the vast majority is WW2. Anyone know any tips on telling fakes? Any tips on care and repair of sick patches with missing bullion?
Message 444 of 1,071
latest reply

manutd11
Enthusiast
To Glass-Salmon
Apparently a blacklight can show up fake
material in cloth badges.I guess the UV rays highlight
man made materials that are post war 2.As for bullion badges I would just try to stop anymore deterioration
Message 445 of 1,071
latest reply

brokenarrow95640
Enthusiast
I have a Japanese straight razor which came out of a cave in WWII on Sipan. I have pics. and would like to know who made it and an aprox. value bowman95640@yahoo.com Thanks Bruce
Message 446 of 1,071
latest reply

broken-I'd just check Ebay's completed auctions for straight razors and see if there is one like it listed. It is not much of a military collectible, I'm guessing, but you certainly want to mention that in an auction to get anyone interested in putting a soldier grouping together.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 447 of 1,071
latest reply

hey, here's an idea for these special "corners" (militaria, pottery, ect): why don't you flip the dates, that is, Have the newest posts first, and the later posts on succeeding pages?
"Turn up the music, my heart feels like an alligator." - Hunter S. Thompson
Message 448 of 1,071
latest reply

morikami
Enthusiast
hello

have a G I helmet and printed or stamped on the inside of the rear webbing is:

W11-009-QM-16880
GEORGE FROST CO

What does this tell about the liner as far as period?
ie....WW11 or post WW11.

thanks for your help.
Message 449 of 1,071
latest reply

morikami
Enthusiast
hello

have a G I helmet and printed or stamped on the inside of the rear webbing is:

W11-009-QM-16880
GEORGE FROST CO

What does this tell about the liner as far as period?
ie....WW11 or post WW11.

thanks for your help.
Message 450 of 1,071
latest reply