cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

bichonhome
Enthusiast
Hi, I'm new to all this, so sorry if I am off base. I am a Napoleonic Wars addict, particularly Waterloo - you know the battle, no Brits there at all - take a look around the battlefield and its obvious the French won !! Does anyone out there have any info on Lord Uxbridge, who became the 1st. Marquis of Anglesey ? This guy is my hero ( sad admission for a 50 year old !! ) and I would welcome contact with others who share an interest in these battles. For anyone thinking about going for a battlefield tour I can thoroughly recommend Ian Fletcher Battlefoeld Tours - I went for 4 days - best money I've spent - great bloke, great guide. Thanks for the space.
Message 391 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi I posted this on this board and didn't get alot of help so I'm wondering if you can help me on these boots. I've been doing some digging and they look alot like german military boots. We found them in an old wicker truck in our old house which we purchase from the daughter of a german man who emigranted in the late 20's or early 1930's. I'm not sure if he was in the military or not and the daughter is no longer living. Here a few pics

Message 392 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
bedtdkk-It is possible that they are German Cavalry boots. They could be authentic but if they are officers boots they could also be private purchase. If that is the case and there are no other markings to determine who and where the boots were made, it will be tough to prove. They are certainly cavalry, if they had been infantry they would have had hobnails on the heal and toe for traction. I would suggest looking inside and on the straps on the inside to see if there are any makers marks or tags.
-
deradler1

Der Adler Military Artifacts
German Military items
Message 393 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi they are very stiff & they don't seem to be rotted just cracked in places I did notice a #25 on the metal horseshoe underneath , I will take a picture of the wicker trunk and post it later
Message 394 of 1,071
latest reply

chrisfari
Enthusiast
I reecntly purchased a lot of world war2 unit patches and chevrons. Some are considered rare and hard to find. What would be the best way to sell these on ebay? As a batch or individually? I would appreciate any advice.
Message 395 of 1,071
latest reply

pconrad02
Enthusiast
420bobby420

If you are looking for WWII german, go to www.manions.com they are a quality Militaria auction house that has been online for a few years now. It costs, and you pay some fees, but the stuff is checked by experts, repros are ID' as such, and you can find also many thing you could possibly want in the German stuff, as long as you bring plenty of $$$
Message 396 of 1,071
latest reply

webbuying
Enthusiast
I recently bought a lot of ladies hankies at an estate auction and this pin was attached to one of them. Could someone please ID for me? I have NO knowledge of military collectables. Thanks.

http://home.comcast.net/~shaig2/PIC00010.JPG
Message 397 of 1,071
latest reply

chrisfari
Enthusiast
US WW2 militaria, to sell or not to sell..
I recently purchased a lot of patches from WW2 and as I've been researching what they are and where they are from I've begun to wonder about their monetary and historical value. Is a near complete set of ETO units patches worth selling or should I preserve it for the grandkids someday? When I look at the listed values of certain patches I have to wonder if it is worth it to sell something as interesting as a 'Buffalo Soldiers'unit patch for $15. As I am new to these collectibles I'm not sure how rare or common a complete set of these are, even though I know that individually I have some rare ones. The more I research what I have the more interesting I find them. I'm sure there are a wide range of opinions here on the subject. Please share. %{|
Message 398 of 1,071
latest reply

ajbarlar
Enthusiast
I have a flag that I purchased about 10 yrs ago. It is a German Naval Ensign and War flag. It is signed and dated by over by over 60 members of the Headquarters Battery 901st Field Artillery Battallion April 23rd 1945. I contacted one of the members a couple yrs ago and he confimed that they were in the city where the flag came from. It is stamped Chemnitz. Unfortunately I am not allowed to sell this on Ebay. I am looking for someone who might have more info about this group or anything about this flag.

Message 399 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
ajbarlar-

Your best bet is to contact the parent unit for the 901st FA Btl. Try to find out if they have a museum. The flag would have value to any member of the unit. Unfortunately, you can't sell the item here unless you do it without a photo. And it clearly needs to have the photos to show the signatures.
-
deradler1

German Military items
Message 400 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi, I have a bag here that I am trying to find some information out. I don't know how to post pics, but can provide them upon request (Jordan11983@aol.com). I haven't seen any WWI duffle bags offered for sale, especially USMC ones. I am wondering if this is a real desireable piece. The bag is khaki, and on the outside, two soldier's names are printed in large letters. Below this, it looks like a rectangle of khaki was sewn on, and printed on it, it says HD. 6 R. What does the HD stand for. The top part of the bag has three horizontal metal eyelets and a protruding ring for closure. There is a real old khaki belt used to close the bag. Inside the bag is a large flap marked USMC. Deeper on the inside, some one has written in large letters 7/6/17 Sea Bag 204 yds I believe the manufacturer wrote this). Below that is printed in large letters 40 in 22 oz Khaki from Fred Bennett Contract Mar 10 1917. The bottom portion of this is covered by the seam. Seeing how this bag was made in 1917, I believe the flap on the outside with the HD. 6 R was added when the soldier was assigned to his unit. If anyone can provide any information, I would greatly appreciate it. The marines names are available upon request.
Message 401 of 1,071
latest reply

seirranevadas
Enthusiast
Howdie folk's i have a challengeing identification problem, this AIRSHIP medal, is 3 inches long and has NO markings,its made of brass, and Looks, to be pre ww2, any help would be swell thanks Bill

Message 402 of 1,071
latest reply

seirranevadas
Enthusiast
Howdie folks, i have a identification challnge for all, this is sometype of an AIRSHIP medal,its 3 inches long, solid brass , it has NO ID marks, it looks to be pre ww2
i am really stumped on this one folks any help would be swell ty Bill

Message 403 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello..I recently bought(what I was told)a WWll german flare gun and holster. It looks soooo new it is hard to believe it is that old unless it has been hiding under a rock for 60 years. I have not posted a pic yet because I want to make sure on its origin and age. Is anyone out there that could help me please?? Perhaps some advice? Thanks......Darjons
Message 404 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
darjons-If you create a thread and post a photo, there are several of us who would be happy to help try to identify your item.

deradler1
-
deradler1

German Military items
Message 405 of 1,071
latest reply