cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

WOW! SORRY TO HEAR! I am bumping this to the top..would love to know the outcome..goodluck. Hey, say Hi to my old stomping grounds for me. Anita
Message 31 of 1,071
latest reply

I wish this thread would stay at the top..grrrrr! I am wondering why all my bidders so far have been from Japan. I am very curious. What makes some items popular in different parts of the world. Any thoughts? I was hoping to see military collectors using this site more....I share this info with my pop who is a collector also..plus being an only child who is more interested in vintage clothing than war stuff, I really need to know what he has. I know someday "it all will be mine"..we laugh at this because at the rate he and I are both going I think he is going to end up with a bunch of "rags" (as he calls my vintage clothes) since I will go first...I think it's important to discuss with parents what they want done with their "junk". It seems that the more I learn, the more I find certain items hard to part with...maybe too much knowlege could be dangerous to a second generation "junkie" :). Scary part is, my oldest son who lives 800 miles away also collects and has 2 storage units full..so far.Thanks for listening. Anita
Message 32 of 1,071
latest reply

marjoriesgems
Enthusiast
Hi out there in the Military World. I usually sell jewelry and have stumble into some military wings. I was wondering if there is a site out there to help me identify them. Any help would be great! Thanks, Marjorie
Message 33 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi Marjorie,
Do you know if they are aamerican, Canadian or foregin? If the y are Canadian I should be able to help. YOu can email pictures at mmarway@mb.sympatico.ca
any help I can give I will.
Jaime
Message 34 of 1,071
latest reply

rogerhobby1
Enthusiast
i bought a army folding shovel with case and was looking for a date when i noticed the shovel has the word "japan" on it. can someone shed some light on this. when was it made?
roger
Message 35 of 1,071
latest reply

messycat
Enthusiast
Need a WW2 person to help me identify these shoulder straps from my bro in laws estate. here! here!
Message 36 of 1,071
latest reply

messycat
Enthusiast
Need a WW2 person to help me identify these shoulder straps from my bro in laws estate. here! here!
Message 37 of 1,071
latest reply

Sino-Japanese Hostilities Photo book 1937
I have a photo scrapbook, real pictures, not reproductions of the conflict in Shanghai during early WW2.
Can anyone give me a ball park figure on what this is worth or where I can obtain such information.
Thank You
Message 38 of 1,071
latest reply

I just acquired an army air corps jacket. It has a label on the inside that says it was issued to a R. W. Johnston on 7/19/43. How do I find out about this person? Bought this at an estate sale, and the people had no idea about the guy. Any info would help. Thanks
Message 39 of 1,071
latest reply

steelhat2
Enthusiast
Hello......I have an old bayonet that I know nothing about......could someone help me "ID" it: It is around 20'' long, 5'' handle w/wood for three inches, the blade is about 1'' wide, it has metal sheath w/a little round ballish end, and the numbers 20425 (it looks similar to a picture of a bayonet for a US .30 cal 1903 Springfield)......HELP..thanks, Tim
Message 40 of 1,071
latest reply

katjoy,

Search your guy on the internet. There are many veterans sites organized by and for the men who served. Just enter any combo of search words and see what you get.

As an example, by typing in the man's name plus "bomber group", I got a Sgt. R. W. Johnson, who flew as a w. gunner on a mission into Germany on 12/11/43. Arthur Hybert was the pilot and Mr. Johnson came back alive that day. He may or may not have been on other missions. This was the 359th, 303rd bombardment group, 8th Air Force.
Message 41 of 1,071
latest reply

lillieborghild - thanks! I thought I might find something on the internet, I just didn't want to wade through the miriad of information I thought would come up. I don't know if this is my guy you found, since there's no "T" in the Johnston you found, but I guess it's on to the hunt on the internet for me!

Have a good one
Message 42 of 1,071
latest reply

katjoy,
Whups, didn't see the "t"! If you restrict the search to perhaps "Europe WWII U S Army Air Force", as keywords, it will narrow it down to a manageable number of sites. Good luck to you!
Message 43 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi there,
Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about a recently acqired item that I will be listing. It is a pink and white striped blanket measuring 12' by 5 1/2' and each corner the blanket is stamped (a little faded) Japanese childrens home. Then over this stamp is a darker stamp WRA and then a CV. I have been doing alot of research and have found out. Japanese childrens home was a orphange in LA and San Francisco. It appears when the war broke out the War Relocation Authority WRA took these children out of the ophanage to Manzanar the ophanage there was called Childrens Village CV. What do you think. Thank you
Message 44 of 1,071
latest reply

Do you imagine they slept many children across a single bed, with such a size of blanket? What an unusual item; bet not many of those survived. I've seen a large museum space, somewhere, devoted to documenting this unfortunate chapter in our nation's history; think it was in Washington D.C. There are bound to be collectors of this poignant episode, perhaps the very people who were interred in the camps, or at the orphanage. I'll bet a museum bids.
Message 45 of 1,071
latest reply