cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dee & Cee Baby Dear clone?

I have a doll that looks like a Vogue Baby Dear but has Dee Cee on the back of its head.  I can't find any pictures of Dee Cee dolls that look like this online. Can someone explain what this is? Why does a Baby Dear have Dee Cee  markings? Thanks.

20240111_162644.jpg20240111_162618.jpg20240111_162625.jpg

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dee & Cee Baby Dear clone?

I see you have this doll listed and it is doing well.  In regard to the "dee & cee toy co., ltd." I found this info on the internet: "Dee & Cee Toy Company, Diamond & Cone dolls 1938-1962
– doll marks Dee an Cee, Dee and Cee, Dee & Cee , DEEandCee – 1962+ owned by Mattel." I also found this 

"https://community.ebay.com/t5/Dolls/Help-Identifying-Vintage-Vogue-Baby-Dear-Doll-and-checking/td-p/..."

Vogue's doll is based on the illustrations by Eloise Wilkin for the Little Golden Book, "Baby Dear." Your doll certainly looks like the illustrations and is clearly intended to represent "Baby Dear." Your doll was probably made by a Canadian company for the Canadian market.  Did the company have the legal right to make the doll? Who knows? The answer is, perhaps, blowin' in the wind (stolen by me from Bob Dylan).  🙂

Message 2 of 2
latest reply