cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you guys get your items to sell

Where do you guys get your items to sell

I am new to Ebay  So far I have sold a fair amount of items from myself, friends, family.  But I read about these "power sellers". Where do you get your items to sell?  I have researched wholesale websites, but I am scared of being scammed.  You may not want to disclose your secrets, but thought I would ask.  skype me if anybody like to help me

Kind regards.

Michael 
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Where do you guys get your items to sell

Yard sales,  flea markets,  resale stores,  church sales,  you can't really be a seller untill you become a buyer, If you know what i mean.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

oh, welcome to eBay.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

know i don't but i am a buyer on amazon there cheaper.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

but don't you got to have a studio to takes these pictures. So you can't really dropship? from wholesalers??

just wondering?

Michael Ladd

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I take pictures on my coffee table in my living room with my $69 camera. they look very nice in my listings. me, I Will have nothing to do with drop shippers, but thats me.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I just started selling. Aside from those things from my own home, I am getting all my items from thrift and consignment stores.

I've always had an ability to find high quality items at amazing prices so am putting that to use here.  I love the thrill of the hunt of ferreting out really great things.   I'm fortunate to live in an upscale area where women buy high end items and replace their wardrobes pretty frequently -- and then generously donate their discards!  I also have some connections where I am getting items from movie set wardrobe.  Those are really fun!  Check out my "clubbing" shoes and boots - pretty wild stuff -- they are from a 2012 movie.  The only thing with thrift store shopping is you have to sort though a lot of junk and know what is worthwhile.

"Penny" -- Atlanta area, ebay seller for 2.5 years, Mom to 4 amazing offspring, DD 24, DD 22, DS 19 and DD 16, loves line dancing, reading and live theatre (esp. musicals), one pet - Thor the pupnado - a one year old Staffie mix,
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

thanks for your advice and help you been great to this newbie

Michael Ladd
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

i can understand and what is your specialty?? or niche that you sell

thanks ou been great to answer my crazy question about ebay

is keywords in listing hard to do and pricing?

someone told me listing and title are the most important part?

Michael Ladd
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

last stupid question

is keywords in listing hard to do and pricing?

someone told me listing and title are the most important part?

Michael Ladd

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

peo[ple on here seem so helpful and friendly to a newbie to ebay. I am a amazon buyer and thinking on selling on both of them.

whay do you guys think a good ideal or bad ideal.

Michael Ladd

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Titles;

Most searches are done by looking in Search for keywords.

I use Postcard, BNAPS book, and postage lot as my major ones on this ID, On another I use author name and book title.

The main thing to avoid in titles is useless words. L@@K  !! rare cute.

The main thing to do is choose words that describe the item. Sweater cashmere mens red polo Sz 40 Ralph Lauren NWT  . Every word has to count.

As the grammar police I hate to say it but, punctuation is not useful. Spelling is but sometimes you should add a common mis-spelling. For example, most of my LoTR books use Tolkein Tolkien

EMAIL

Putting your address in a public forum like this is an invitation to scammers and phishers.

Dropshipping;

It is allowed but it is harder than it looks.

You don't put any money up front, but you never see the product you are selling. No quaility control

If the supplier runs out of stock or never had any stock, you will be penalized by your unhappy buyer.

Your supplier has hundreds of other working for him, every one is your competitor.

If your supplier uses Surface shipping, your customer will not get the item within the 45 day Dispute period and you will be forced to refund. Your supplier will not.

Payment

As a new seller your customer's payment will be held against your good performance for up to 21 days. American sellers get the payment sooner if the buyer leaves positive feedback.

a) see droppshipping above.

b)this does not apply to non-US sellers whose Hold is the entire 21 days

c)you have to ship before PP receives the payment anyway. PP will take the cost of a PP shipping label from the held funds.

Wholesale websites

SELL WHAT YOU KNOW: KNOW WHAT YOU SELL

You should know at least as much and preferably more than your customer.

After you have exhausted your own home and local trifts and garage sales, look in your local Yellow Pages (yes the paper one) for wholesalers, manufacturers, outlet stores, factory stores, liquidators, and importers in you area.

You will have to pay upfront for the product.

You will be able to inspect the product (more or less).

You may be asked for your sales tax number.  If you are not, you are paying retail.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Oops! I mean you have to ship before PP releases the payment.

Paypal will let you know when your customer's payment has been recieved and cleared. Don't ship until you have that notice.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Many thanks for this thoughtful, organized, detailed & informative answer!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Yes thank you! I was a seller some time ago, but was never "lucky" enough to be taken into the confidence of other sellers on good sources for items to resell (which makes sense to a degree) so did like many and combed through stores (sale items), thrifts, garage sales, flea markets, etc.

I have a friend who is currently selling sweaters on Etsy that she buys by the pound. She would rather have a broken finger than tell me where she buys from.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 15 of 16
latest reply