cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louis Vuitton Never Full Bag - Please Authenticate

Sold this bag & buyer returned it claiming she authenicated it online & was told it was fake.  Opinions please.  IMG_1758.JPGIMG_1760.JPGIMG_1761.JPGIMG_1762.JPGIMG_1765.JPGIMG_1767.JPGTag sewn in side seam under tape as shown aboveTag sewn in side seam under tape as shown aboveIMG_1771.JPGIMG_1772.JPGIMG_1773.JPGIMG_1774.JPGIMG_1775.JPGIMG_1776.JPGIMG_1778.JPGIMG_1779.JPGIMG_1780.JPGIMG_1782.JPGIMG_1784.JPGIMG_1785.JPGIMG_1786.JPGInside key clip splitInside key clip splitIMG_1790.JPGIMG_1793.JPG

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nope - and looking further - the stitching IS a mess, the interior pocket is the wrong length, the vachetta on the pocket is the wrong shape......almost every detail on this bag is off.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I have the same bag, well it still looks like knew and I purchased it 18 years ago. Maybe the buyer used that as a good excuse because it is in horrible condition IMHO and that was an easy way to return it. I see you relisted it , and I personally would add more of those pictures to your active listing to prevent this situation from happening again.

‘Just my 2 cents. Also if you are selling these you need to be 100% sure they are authentic, and asking in a forum isn’t going to get you necessarily the best answers.  When it comes to high dollar items you really need to know your product very well. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

That’s definitely authentic. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Thank you so very much!

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@flowerpower510 

Had you listed it for $1 more, it would have gone through ebay's Authenticity Guaranteed program and when it passes their process, buyers can't claim NAD. 

However if she wants to return it, that would have been allowed per your 30 day return policy. In that case, it would go back to the authenticators where they'd verify that it's the same bag in the same condition before returning it to you.

You might want to consider ending and relisting at a higher price: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&query...

To be eligible for authentication, brands of handbags, wallets and select accessories must also be:

• listed at $500 or more, or sold in an auction for $500 or more
    • If the Buy It Now price is $500 or more but you sell for a best offer or auction price of less than $500, it will still be eligible for authentication
  • listed in one of these categories:
    • Women's Bags & Handbags
    • Women's Accessories > Handbag Accessories
    • Women's Accessories > Organizers & Day Planners
    • Men's Accessories > Bags 
    • Women's & Men's Accessories > Wallets
    • Women's & Men's Accessories > Belts
    • Women's and Men's Accessories > Key Chains, Rings & Finders 
    • Women's and Men's Accessories > ID & Document Holders
    • Women's and Men's Accessories > Hats
  • sold in a fixed price or auction listing
  • sold on ebay.com to a buyer with a US shipping address
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Umm, what am I missing? Is no one is seeing the stitching is wrong? *rubs eyes* 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Thank you.  Since it was so rough in condition, I kept it low.  I am aware of that process but maybe should have gone that route as eBay took it down tonight due to being not real even though another eBayer on the board said she had the same bag & it's authentic.  Ugh!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

It's a "fairly" decent fake but a fake nonetheless. Please do not relist.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it 

What say you? 

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I was trying to figure out how to tag jsales0 but couldn't figure out how, thank you Alberta!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I see nothing wrong with that bag. Including the stitching.

Lets see what @jsales0  has to say.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Mea culpa.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I'm the seller & now I'm really confused as to whether or not to trash this bag.  eBay took it down last night due to counterfeit policies.  Wondering if I should attemp to debate this with them.  Probably futile.  Maybe jrsales will see this & give her opionion. Thank you all.  We'll see what happens next if anything.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@flowerpower510 wrote:

I'm the seller & now I'm really confused as to whether or not to trash this bag.  eBay took it down last night due to counterfeit policies.  Wondering if I should attemp to debate this with them.  Probably futile.  Maybe jrsales will see this & give her opionion. Thank you all.  We'll see what happens next if anything.

@flowerpower510 

This is just my opinion. Although I'm not an LV expert and can recognize many fakes, I see NO red flags on this item, no problems with stitching, fonts and stamps look right and IMO, the condition is not as bad as you describe it. 

As such, I wouldn't trash that bag yet! My guess is that some know-it-all may have reported the bag after seeing a few posts here alleging that it's fake. 

Please wait to see if @jsales0 or @petals_and_vines chime in. 

IMO, it's worth investing in a professional authentication, something you can submit in appealing to ebay if it's determined that the bag was removed in error. 

Sheesh, I wish people wouldn't report items if they aren't 100% certain are fake! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta @a*river*runs*through*it @allisonesq77 

This is 100000%, with NO doubt - FAKE. 

There are several things wrong with this bag:

- the most obvious thing is the date code - FO is Italy, not France, and there is no overlap with this code. 

- the fonts (heat stamp, date code) are off

- the engraved clip is totally wrong

- the placement of the heat stamp on the patch is off

Sorry, OP - there is absolutely NO question on this. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Dr. Martin Luther King
Message 15 of 21
latest reply