cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gucci wallet real or fake?

I bought this wallet at an estate sale from the 50's 60's for my mom. She was dying and she always wanted one and she nor I really didn't know the difference. She passed. Before giving it to one of my daughters, if they want it, I just wanted to know if it is fake or real. I can't find the logo anywhere and it is crooked. No serial number, inside it is silky printed inside with GUCCI, no tag. I don't need anything official, it's just a memory for my daughter rather fake or real. Thanks and God bless you!

-Blake

g1.jpgg2.jpgg4.jpgg5.jpgg6.jpgg10.jpgg7.jpgg8.jpgg3.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Gucci wallet real or fake?

The whole design of the wallet is wrong. The stamp on the interior, the "controllado" card, the way the pockets are, the ID window shouldn't have stitching around it and the list goes on. 

I'm a big fan of side-by-side comps to show differences. 

1. Notice the difference in the monogram pattern. They "dots" aren't supposed to be round. They're diamond shaped: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.29.51 PM.png

2. Notice how the Gucci name looks like it's carved into the "leather" on your wallet. It should be heat-stamped. The "G" in Gucci isn't the right font on yours though it's hard to see in my picture. (Sorry I don't have a better one.)

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.35.31 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry. That wallet is fake. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much. Like I said it's a memory and no more to us. Is it the emblem on the front and what else showing it's fake?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The whole design of the wallet is wrong. The stamp on the interior, the "controllado" card, the way the pockets are, the ID window shouldn't have stitching around it and the list goes on. 

I'm a big fan of side-by-side comps to show differences. 

1. Notice the difference in the monogram pattern. They "dots" aren't supposed to be round. They're diamond shaped: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.29.51 PM.png

2. Notice how the Gucci name looks like it's carved into the "leather" on your wallet. It should be heat-stamped. The "G" in Gucci isn't the right font on yours though it's hard to see in my picture. (Sorry I don't have a better one.)

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 11.35.31 PM.png

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Please give your daughter something else to remember her grandmother. The wallet as you said wasn’t hers to begin with and it’s really an awful fake that you don’t want your daughter to be seen using and you want to make sure that it’s taken out of circulation so someone else doesn’t get taken. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I actually threw it away earlier. But thank you for the advice! It irritates me to know there are people out there taking advantage of people. We didn't pay anything for it, it was in a box of lots of estate leftovers we bought for $1.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply