cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Questions

Some sellers have said they aren't seeing Promoted Listings on the Search Results page as often as they had in the past. Is ebay reducing PL visibility on the organic search page?

eBay is adding the Home Page to PL visibility. Can you tell us what are the other places PLs show up? Also, does eBay use PLs in any off ebay advertising (such as on Facebook)?

For months, ebay told us that PL "Impressions data" would be coming back to the dashboard. Is that ever going to happen? Or has ebay scrapped that idea?

When I look at Impressions data in my Seller Hub's "active listings", does that number reflect only non-PL impressions, or a combination of non-PL and PL?

Sounds like ebay is going to make it easier to see which items sold via PLs (rather than the clunky downloaded format we have now). Can you provide a screen shot of what this improvement will look like?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There has been no change to the logic used to display Promoted Listings on the Search Results Page. If the Promoted Listing meets a relevance bar to a user’s search then it will be considered for placement in a Promoted Listing spot.

There are other Promoted Listing placements throughout the eBay site. Within items displayed from a user’s search there are as much as 10 spots in which a Promoted Listing can be displayed. In addition, there are a Promoted Listings placements on other locations of the site including (but not limited to): View Item Page, Browse Page, and My eBay.

We are also working on improving reporting to help you manage your marketing most effectively on eBay. We recommend using Clicks as a guide for your Promoted Listing campaign performance.

The impression data for “active listings” is the total of both non-Promoted Listings and Promoted Listings.

The Promoted Listings reporting enhancement is scheduled for release in March. More information will be made available very soon for this update.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. I take it when you say you recommend using "clicks", that' your way of saying : "ebay is not going to provide separate impressions data for PLs". Is that correct?

By the way, I assume you work for ebay...shouldn't your ID on the Boards reflect that?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Impression data is still something we are exploring at this time so it has not been completely abandoned.

And yes, I am an eBay employee and my profile has been updated to reflect that. Apologies for any confusion.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks again.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply