cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No change toward quality? Or mobile optimization?

One huge reason why a lot of folks don't use eBay is the volume of horrifying listings.  These old school sellers have been writing listings full of disclaimers, rants, rules and threats and eBay never tells them to cut it out.

Another huge reason why people don't use eBay is mobile shoppers.  The sellers who cling onto their inappropriate listing formats end up generating listings that do not display on mobile.

I can't begin to understand why eBay won't ever make these changes.  Clearly, the people who write trash-talk in listings and make it complete with flashing templates, huge red centered fonts and gigantic embedded pictures are never going to change on their own.

Not only are these sellers their own worst enemies, but they disgrace the site.  They reflect poorly on all of us. When will eBay address these needed changes and standardize listings and make them by default, mobile optimized?

Every new seller update, I hope for this.  Another time, nope.  Trash-talk and flashing stupid templates rule.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

as a seller i also buy on ebay ebay needs to make categories better for example to find an advertisement by date you have to click on collectibles/ advertising/ merchandisememorabilia/advertising/ then down to the dates you are looking for  what is wrong with collectibles/ print advertising/then dates to choose from ?

thats ebay 

or when shopping for magazines back issues you have to go thru 4 pages of one sellers listings for magazine articles. are magazine articles back isssues? NO.

Are magazine covers magazine back issues? NO. Ebay needs to take care of the issue with sellers clogging categories, because when i'm buying and i see nothing but magazine articles page after page i get fed up and just dont bother. Im sure many buyers feel the same way  

Ebay has overstepped its bounds when i cannot give a customer the service they deserve because of ebays "policies"  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@ads.ink wrote:

as a seller i also buy on ebay ebay needs to make categories better for example to find an advertisement by date you have to click on collectibles/ advertising/ merchandisememorabilia/advertising/ then down to the dates you are looking for  what is wrong with collectibles/ print advertising/then dates to choose from ?

thats ebay 

or when shopping for magazines back issues you have to go thru 4 pages of one sellers listings for magazine articles. are magazine articles back isssues? NO.

Are magazine covers magazine back issues? NO. Ebay needs to take care of the issue with sellers clogging categories, because when i'm buying and i see nothing but magazine articles page after page i get fed up and just dont bother. Im sure many buyers feel the same way  

Ebay has overstepped its bounds when i cannot give a customer the service they deserve because of ebays "policies"  

Hi @ads.ink and @softersilk , 

Great feedback. We definitely are committed to a simplified shopping experience. The announcements yesterday for Inventory Optimization are expected to address some of the opportunities you mentioned: Cleaner categories and easier to find items, more mobile-friendly listings, and content within listings that are distracting from the actual product being sold (ie disclaimers, etc). 

Check out some of the category changes happening including antiques here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/inventory-optimization.html#product-b...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply