cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying Type of Rock making up this Book End

This was my mothers. Always thought it apealing but never asked about it, It stands 7" tall, weighs approximately 5 1/2 lbs. Both cut sides have smooth surface.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Need help identifying Type of Rock making up this Book End

It is a very nice display piece of petrified wood. Where it was dug and what type of wood it was would have to be determined in-hand by someone who is very familiar with petrified wood. You might consider taking it to the nearest gem and mineral show (see the Rock and Gem Magazine site to find one in your area) to see if someone can narrow it down.

My currently listed gem rocks
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. Can you give me a suggested starting value for this as we are not able to go to any shows, living in a small rural farm communitty.  I am trying to thin down TOO MANY possessions so have to shut eyes on centimental memories.   

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You would have to look at other listings for same type of item to get an idea on pricing. We don't do pricing here. You will need to have dimensions for your listing. It is a very nice specimen.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yup, petrified wood. It's very plentiful so unless your specimen has unique patterning the value is not high. It's a very beautiful specimen though!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Realy nice piece of petrified wood, all most looks like Tigers eye.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply