cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers hold buyer feedback hostage

I've always immediately left feedback for a buyer, as soon as they pay. That is the honest way to handle buyers feedback. THEY DID THEIR PART.

Sellers who do not, and "wait" till someone leaves feedback for an item purchased, are disingenuous.

I'm nearly 60, and have been selling vinyl since before the internets. I manage a small record shop and work with a record company that has been in business since 1946. My only point is, i'm not a novice at vinyl selling.

Do the right thing. Just sayin. Fast payers deserve their feedback.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You're absolutely right! In years gone by, sellers (store retailers) would always be quick with a genuine "Thank you" for their customers' business. I am originally from New England and saw retailers turn into "We are doing YOU a favor" type people over the years. More often than not, there was not even a thank you given. What I use to do - if a cashier didn't say "thank you" - was to look that person square in the eye and say, "You're welcome". The look on their faces was always the same - both shock and shame & and a sincere "Thank you" from them would always follow.

The sellers you are referring to on eBay are people who are totally lacking in any social graces. Many times, they are the kind of people that will ignore any request for a return or refund and make the buyer wait until eBay gets involved. This, of course can take days and is very upsetting for the buyer. I always leave an immediate thank you for any of my buyers. Once again, it's just how I was brought up back in the 50's.

There are all sorts of people on eBay. Checking a seller's feedback record will immediately give you a good idea of how they deal. The larger sellers seem to have the worst track records, but they are playing the percentages & odds (there are exceptions, of course). I will buy from a smaller seller with a 100% feedback rating & pay more, rather than buy from a mega-seller who shows a poor customer service record. They may be selling something for a lot cheaper, but if there is a problem, they will cost you a lot more in time & frustration.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I still have not received feedback from this spineless fraction of a human being. Some people just aren't honest. His grading was just barely acceptable, used less than professional packaging materials, and isn't man enough to leave feedback for a IMMEDIATE payer.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This has obviously got you very upset. Remember, though, you are the one that's suffering - not him. I'm sure he hasn't given this a 1st thought. When I get a chance, I'm going to look him up & see what his history looks like. Ebay will send him a notification after 30 days that he has not left a feedback, but don't count on his leaving one for you. Keep in mind, leaving feedback is a voluntary thing, so it's purely that he's a jerk - they're out there.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

STILL no feedback for an immediate payer...

DO NOT purchase from this guy. He isn't honest.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ebay is not letting me put feedback on a seller I had dealing with.  Therefore feedback is limited to happy customers and can not be belived.  Ebays policy really is problematic to say the least.

Here is what happened!

1. I bought $300+ worth of roof racks by Mopar (new ones) in Motors for a parts store in cortland NY.

2. About 3 day later, after figuring out how to configure my roof racks on my new car, I realized that what I purchased was the

exact same thing that came with my car, not what I thought were Thulie roof racks sold by Mopar for the car.

3. I was on vacation and informed seller.

4.  I realized I would not be home to return Item and had FedEx (free shipping) send the item back.

5. Seller thought I was trying to pull a "fast one on them".  How this is possible I have no Idea.

6.  FedEx returned item indicating I refused item.  I did not, but it looks that way on transcript.

7.  Seller charges me 20% plus anothr 20% for short cirucuiting return.  They also un-benotonce to me opened up a case to have my money refunded and this was rulled in their favor.  During this process I accepted the 20% restock fee.  However, in conversations with the seller, they said I might have to pay addition shipping expense for the short cuircut return.

8.  They did not give me an invoice for the addtional amount.

9.  I can not give them bad reviews because of the case that was opened without my knowledge.

I admit I made an honest mistake.  I thought item was something it was not.  I also didn't realize that calling FedEx to return the item would cost me $60.  Ebay actually acted as if I were luck as the seller could have kept all my money. 

I feel I have been robbed!  They get roof rack and $120 of my money and I have no recourse.

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I agree 100% with the original posters comments about sellers needing to leave positive feedback once an item has been paid for.

As far as customers leaving feedback, granted it's always nice to receive  positive feedback, but in my opinion they the customer trusted you as the seller when they purchased from you and if they either forget and/or don't leave feedback that is not a problem.

Sellers who withhold feedback until feedback is received kind of make question them. And sellers who don't leave feedback for customers make me wonder if they would want my potential repeat business at all!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I'm a seller who immediately posts positive feedback for buyers at the moment of payment. With that said, I can understand why a seller would hold off...just recently got a negative feedback from a buyer who, on the same day she received the leggings (a few days after paying) claiming I sold her "tights" (false since tights cover the feet, and my leggings do not). I even took photos of the Lane Bryant packaging, including LB's sizing..included a packing slip thanking customer and to please contact me with any issues..gave customer 14 days to return item...first I knew there was a problem was the negative she posted the day legging received. What's awful is that I went from 100% feedback to 96.7% feedback, from just one negative! Yet it only goes up .1% for every positive. 

So yeah, although I will continue to post positive feedback upon payment, I will admit that I had my regrets with this buyer, who has a history of giving negatives without contacting the seller. As a seller, I don't like the idea of a positive feedback for payment turning into a negative for everything else..yet I can't do diddly about it, now the buyer has a "positive" that really isn't.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In my opinion, what fast payers deserve is fast processing of what they paid for. Feedback is simply a bonus for buyers. They really don't need feedback..on the other hand..sellers depend on it for their business, DSR's for example. If I were ebay, I would just do away with buyer feedback.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply