cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund or the item

Customers support.

It would be nice if customers support would give the buyer the right to choose a refund or the item.

I have waited on items for 30 plus days only to have EBay without asking issue a refund. When I wanted the item I had bought. I was never given the opportunity to choose if I wanted a refund or the item. If a customer waits a .Long time for an item then it should be up to the buyer to choose if they want the refund or the item.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Refund or the item

I believe the idea is that you can then go & buy the item again - perhaps from a different seller, if you like. You can, of course, buy the item from the same seller, but, heck, if you opened a dispute why would you want to do that. If the seller didn't attempt to make things right with you, they are probably not worth dealing with. There are a lot of situations that could be happening with the seller. Did you have contact with them & try to get them to replace the lost item? Was the item ever shipped, etc., etc.?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

The pribpro with that is can't always get for the same price the last two times it happened to me after the refund the sale was over & the price doubled. Once I pay for the item the seller should have to cover the difference not the buyer.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

Every time I get a tracking number right after the sale. Ebay gave the seller the permission to sell on the website then it should be eBay's responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

I have had this exact situation happen to me. It's really bait & switch, as far as the price goes. It can be a matter of selling things they don't have & find - themselves - that the price has gone up. In one of my cases, the seller was doing it almost across-the-boarder & eBay ended up shutting them down. Naturally, though, they (the seller) probably just opened up again under another name. Printing a label, also, may give a tracking number, but that does NOT mean the item has actually been shipped. If you got your money refunded by eBay, it is probably just best that you move on & call it "experience." There is very little - if anything - you can do about it. Leave the seller a negative feedback to help warn others.

So sorry to hear of your problem & frustration.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

It's happened to me more than once in two or so years. eBay needs to except the blame & give the buyer the choice of a refund or the item.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

That would be nice, but eBay is NOT Amazon & does not have its own warehouses full of items. If the seller can't supply it, eBay cannot FORCE them to get one. Is the seller even in the U.S.? eBay has obviously changed over the years & many of the sellers are very large businesses.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

If eBay can deduct the refund than they can deduct the price of the item as well.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

If eBay can deduct the refund and they can deduct the price of the item and ship it as well as the refund.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

Oh, I think I understand what you're saying. Sort of like an increased price guarantee? I guess you could suggest that to them, but frankly, they have trouble even enforcing their own user agreement terms. It usually takes multiple complaints before they do anything about a bad seller. Sort of like a state's Attorney Generals' Consumer Complaints division.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

Maybe if more people put there complaints on other social media maybe sooner maybe or later out of sure embarrassment they will fix the problem

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

My experience lately has been the apparent "take over" of the China-based sellers. They now have warehouses in the U.S. & make it appear they are Americans. You have to go to their feedback page to see that they are China-based sellers. Also, make sure you click on the "shipping" info box on the item listing page - If it says, "Standard Shipping" it's coming by way of DHL & will be taking a long time. Watch for it stating USPS First Class. DHL stinks & I will buy only from sellers that use USPS, UPS or Fed-X, if at all possible.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Refund or the item

Many of the foreign-based sellers will offer you money to remove any negative feedbacks - and/or change them to positive feedbacks. That is COMPLETELY against eBay's policies. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply