cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral feedback left but not intended to be negative

I recently bought some clothing from a buyer that stated it was from a smoking home.  I was ok with that and bought them.  The transaction was positive, but the negative part of the deal was it was from a smoking house.  I got the package and indeed it smelt like smoke.  I didn't mean it to be bad, but I figured the negative part, being from a smoking house and the positve part, good deal and shipping, made it neutral.  Am I looking at this wrong.  The seller did state the correct information, it's just a negative to me that it was from a smoking house.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you are looking at this wrong.  The listing stated four times that the item came from a smoking home, yet you still bought the item.  You should have expected the item to smell smokey.  Why would you leave a neutral when you knew that the item had a strong possibility of smelling like smoke?  A positive or no feedback would have been appropriate based on the circumstances.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I thoroughly agree with coloradocowpoke. If the seller has not already done so, he should ask to have your neutral feedback removed.  Perhaps, if you contact the seller, you can explain the situation in order to help him/her with having it removed.  To a great extent, neutral feedback pretty much has the result of a negative.  It is also good to remember, if you have a bunch of neutral and/or negative feedbacks left listed on YOUR feedback history, it can tell about you.  As a matter of practice, I follow the "If you can't say something good about someone - don't say it" rule.  There are, of course, some sellers that certainly deserve a negative or neutral feedback - but this situation is not one of them.  This seller was very honest & did state that the clothing was from a smoking home.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks everyone.  I removed the feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply