cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking new items out of packaging to sell

I want to sell some clothing that was  never taken out of the packaging. Should I remove it to put on a hanger or leave it as is and just use pictures of it in the packaging?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Taking new items out of packaging to sell

Everything gets opened and inspected, photographed and measured.  Some of the items come in packaging, but as @wastingtime101  says, it's rarely integral to the item.  It's actually not difficult to refold and replace it in the package save for puffer jackets, and all you have to do is sit on them to after folding get them to fit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I have the same problem.  In today's fast fashion world it seems that finding stock photos of anything older than six months is next to impossible.   I know some people say it's not a problem to unpack the garment in order to photograph it, but then you can't advertise it as never having been opened.  Or can you do that after all?

It does look like the packaging is intended to be resealable...

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@vin1861 wrote:

I want to sell some clothing that was  never taken out of the packaging. Should I remove it to put on a hanger or leave it as is and just use pictures of it in the packaging?

You should always inspect anything you’re selling. It might be new in package, but it could still have condition issues. You need to photograph exactly what the buyer is going to receive. Most stick photos are copyrighted. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply