cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling designer handbags

Hi all,

I'm planning to sell designer handbags on eBay as that's my passion, it's something I have begun thinking about. However, I am trying to figure out if I want to sell them from wholesalers like Queen Bee of Beverly Hills, Silk Avenue Ltd, and Brands Gateway as well as buying on clearance from places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls and other places that sell discount designer and reselling them at their retail price or reasonably lower at fixed price or if I want to instead sell pre-owned designer bags for auction and source them by winning ebay auctions that ship from Japan or China or any listings that end with a reasonably lower bid price and resell on eBay with a starting bid of $0.99. I know that counterfeiting can be a problem on eBay and that buying from places like Japan or China could be a risk, however I know that eBay beats on counterfeits hard and makes it easier to minimize the risk of buying counterfeit goods. The reason I like the idea of buying at auction for a lower price and reselling is because I think that most eBay buyers looking to buy designer handbags online are looking for the best deals and a starting bid price of $0.99 would possibly drive the bid price up, but there's the risk of selling it for way less than it's worth that way and I'm not sure that it's a good idea to use a reserved price auction. Somehow it just seems like buying pre-owned in good condition and reselling at auction would be a better go. I would use Auctiva's pro package and other seller tools, but there's certainly always that risk. I understand that I will need to establish a positive selling history as I get going. What I would like to know is, what sounds like the better option to you or what sounds like the best strategy? Has anyone here sold designer bags on eBay? Thanks.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Selling designer handbags

okay thanks for being helpful 

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Thank you 

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@zollione

Seriously, you need to find something else to sell. Those bags are nothing but trouble for you and your account.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

okay we will

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

thanks

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

STOP spamming the boards!