cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller listing "fake" Brands outright

I was looking up clothes for Bobo Choses and the very first one had a heading that stated "Children fake two piece Bobo Choses ...."

How are they so blatant and does reporting even work?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

1- Because the seller is in China

and

2- probably not. Try the Report button and see if you can find a link for copyright and trademark violations that mentions Disclaimer of Authenticity.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's a China seller - they won't do anything.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It's driving me crazy. When I forget to check off US sellers only the Chinese sellers with their fake **bleep** dominate. I bet we lose buyers every day from people who bought from them and received an item looking NOTHING like the picture. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I don't think they mean the items are fake as in counterfeit

A current listing "fake two piece T shirt"  is  actually  a faux 2 piece shirt meaning a one piece layered look shirt.

Others were listed the same way when I glanced yesterday.

They have been taken downopen_mouth

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Go easy on the report button

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

That could be, that they used the wrong word.  But they are counterfeit.  They are fake.  Just like the Russian sellers selling fake Chanel.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@modifiedracer93 wrote:

I don't think they mean the items are fake as in counterfeit

A current listing "fake two piece T shirt"  is  actually  a faux 2 piece shirt meaning a one piece layered look shirt.

Others were listed the same way when I glanced yesterday.

They have been taken downopen_mouth

@dhjeans wrote:

That could be, that they used the wrong word.  But they are counterfeit.  They are fake.  Just like the Russian sellers selling fake Chanel.  

@dhjeans-  If it's the listing I'm seeing (from a 5-feedback seller), why do you say they're fake? There's no name brand, no logo that is copied and nothing that indicates that it's counterfeit. In fact, there are more embedded images in the body of the description showing that there's not even a neck label indicating a brand.

I'm with @modifiedracer93. The seller used the wrong word to describe a 2-piece look that is really a one-piece shirt.

These are NOT counterfeit and the newbie seller didn't deserve his account to be dinged.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

They used the brand name Bobo Choses. Twice. I didn't notice what they put under Brand. They fooled me into thinking it was a Bobo Choses outfit and I think that's their plan.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

He's misusing a brand name. Did someone ding him?  

Some of the other ones using Bobo Choses brand name are claiming the inside tags have been removed. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply