cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking help with Chanel skirt tag

Hi there,

Very few pieces of Chanel have passed through my hands so I'm looking for some help from the hive mind. Under collection to me it looks like "P 18 b"; does that translate to Sprint 2018 b? Or is it "P 186"? Also, any specific reason for the handwritten tag? Any and all information/advice/opinions are welcome. Many thanks! 

08EE5DFD-7AF8-4C7D-A250-1934230F57A1.jpg24574213-A2DA-487F-8962-05784A2608D3.jpg952331C4-7B66-47B0-857D-848D4EF7A0CE.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Seeking help with Chanel skirt tag

I’m not a Chanel clothing expert by any means but I do have some knowledge. Since no one has posted, consider these just thoughts for further investigation.

You can always use a pro although authenticity IMO is definitely not an issue but they may be able to read your tag.

I think your skirt is much older. I’d guess 1986 if I had to guess as it’s got a handwritten label. Maybe it’s the first part of spring 1986. It can’t be contemporary with that label and Chanel stopped putting the collection year on their clothing about a decade ago.

I don’t think you have to drive yourself crazy over this and you can just list it as a vintage Chanel skirt. Vintage Chanel and Skirt are enough to get you plenty of hits.  Good luck with it! 

I’ll continue to watch the thread to see if we can get a Chanel expert to comment.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Seeking help with Chanel skirt tag

Oh wow thank you! I never even considered that it was vintage because it looks brand new. I have no doubt that it is authentic, just wanted to try to nail down a year and season before listing. Thanks for the encouragement; I will try a vintage  forum and see if I can get anywhere there. Cheers! 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply