cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Coach bag authentication

Please authenticate this bag as a Coach and what type it is. Thanks in advance.

Tan, leather, 10" x 7" x 2.5" w/17" strap drop.

_DSF7554_1.jpg_DSF7559_1.jpg_DSF7564_1.jpg_DSF7563_1.jpg_DSF7556_1.jpg_DSF7560_1.jpg_DSF7577_1.jpg_DSF7561_1.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Request Coach bag authentication

That was just the style name, not what the bag was designed for. It was a purse, not an actual bag designed to carry a camera and film. Its a Camera Bag, not a camera bag.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

i am pretty sure it is authentic dont know the name though but ithink its from the 80s -90s wait for others the really can tell exactly 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Its genuine.

It might be a Camera Bag from the middle 1980s. Id also like to see a photo of the last foot of the strap that goes through the buckle and includes all the strap holes. Sometimes older purses have had the strap shortened. And does the inside pocket have a zipper, or is it open?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi. The inside pocket does not have a zipper. There are five holes on the end of the strap. I couldn't show much more of it w/ebay format that cut off the rest of the picture. Here are the photos and thanks for your reply!_DSF7626_1.jpg_DSF7625_3.jpg

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks! Yup, it looks like a Camera Bag style 9760 from your measurements and the inside pocket description. It was probably made in 1986 or 1987. And the strap doesnt look like its been cut. Coach never actually gave a strap measurement in their catalogs for that style, just that it was long enough to wear across the body, and a 17-inch drop seemed kind of short for cross-body wear.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for authenticating this camera bag from the followup information you requested that I provided re: strap and pocket. I would never have thought of it being a camera bag!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That was just the style name, not what the bag was designed for. It was a purse, not an actual bag designed to carry a camera and film. Its a Camera Bag, not a camera bag.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Coach Musettte Bag Authentication?
skel2586

skel2586
Adventurer

Hi I want to thank first of all, everyone that contributes to this forum. I thought I knew about Coach bags, but I am not even close to knowing what this group knows, and appreciate the help. I have a Coach Bag That I believe is called a Musette Bag. It states it was made in the United States and the creed number reads 013-9104 I know the last four numbers dont match the style of the bag (Which I believe is 9625) It measures 16x9x4 Approx. Looks like the real thing but I know fonts and things make a difference and just want to make sure. I hope I provided enough pictures and definitely appreciate any help.IMG_20180124_180559.jpgIMG_20180124_180608.jpgIMG_20180124_180615.jpgIMG_20180124_180638.jpgIMG_20180124_180751.jpgIMG_20180124_180654.jpgIMG_20180124_180713.jpgIMG_20180124_180722.jpgIMG_20180124_180839.jpgIMG_20180124_180911.jpg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In the future, please always start a new thread for a new subject or a new authentication. Thanks!

Its not a Musette Bag, its the very similar Carrier Brief, style 9800. The Musette is slightly smaller and doesnt have any outside back pocket or any zipper on the inside pocket. Its genuine and was made in the late 1980s.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply