cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real or fake Fendi jacket?

Dear Members,

Over the years, I've seen lots of designer fakes/replicas and it's usually not too hard to differentiate them from the real thing... I spent a lot of time searching about this jacket but I am still not 100% sure so your opinions would be much appreciated slight_smile

Thank You in advance for your help!

fullsizeoutput_17a6.jpegfullsizeoutput_17a7.jpegfullsizeoutput_17b4.jpegfullsizeoutput_17aa.jpegfullsizeoutput_17ab.jpegfullsizeoutput_17ac.jpegfullsizeoutput_17ad.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Real or fake Fendi jacket?

I'll put it this way.

If I saw that jacket in a thrift store and considered flipping it, I would have bought it and paid for a professional authentication before listing.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My main concern is that paper tag.  I've bought and owned Fendi items to know the basics at least.

The bar code is distorted.  The item specifics are awfully written/printed.  And I assure you Fendi won't put a price as such.

Let's wait for others to comment.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! I already bookmarked a few websites but since I never used an authentication service, any suggestion/recommandation are welcome!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! The paper tag was also my main concern… If this is not an authentic, it would be the best replica I've seen so far! The overall quality (construction, fabric, hardware) is great. But since I would never ever sell/buy/wear a fake designer item, I will do whatever it takes to make sure it is real or not.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@citrine146 wrote:
My main concern is that paper tag. I've bought and owned Fendi items to know the basics at least.

The bar code is distorted. The item specifics are awfully written/printed. And I assure you Fendi won't put a price as such.

Let's wait for others to comment.
I think that price was put there at store level. It's clear that Fendi didn't do that.

I've used Authenticate4u for Fendi.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I just sent an email to Authenticate4U so I will let you know as soon as I hear from them… It might help someone else!

Have a beautiful day!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Without being a FENDI aficionado per se, I see two major problems on this regarding the logos & Italian language.

Firstly, the Fs in the FF (inverted Zucca) logo on those zipper pulls is wrong — too close together.

The fabric labels are also poor quality, with no consistency in the FENDI font [Helvetica], but the Italian "authenticity" screed substitutes an apostrophe for the grave accent in L'AUTENTICITÀ — the label reads:

"  L'ETICHETTA GARANTISCE L'AUTENTICITA' [sic] DEL PRODOTTO "

Apostrophes are never used as accent (diacritical) marks in any western language I know of, but is a typical error seen on counterfeit labels in French & Italian.

Verdict: NON AUTENTICO, not authentic — as it states "THE LABEL GUARANTEES THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE PRODUCT" 😉

Please let us know if A4u notes that too.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 8 of 8
latest reply