cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUIRED ITEM SPECIFICS for Clothing

I often wonder if the people on eBay who are responsible for creating ITEM SPECIFICS actually have any experience in he fashion industry?? They seem to be constantly changing their required specifics and some are just plain DUMB!

Particularly annoying are the ones which are REQUIRED to be added when using the Bulk Editor for Relisting. They now have a required measurement for the waist of a men's blazer/sportcoat. This is not a measurement that is ever listed for this category by any manufacturer either domestic or imported. Why would they add this measurement? It is meaningless if you check off a box for "fit" like classic or modern, etc. The "fit" indicates whether the garment is slightly indented or shaped at the waistline or not!

The result is that now everytime I relist a men's blazer, I NOW have to individually search my inventory and add that measurement, or just add N/A which is easier to do but meaningless!

STUPID EBAY CHANGES DRIVE ME NUTS!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

TO TAG ONTO THIS RANT...
I remember awhile back that REQUIRED that you remove a hyphen in an ITEM SPECIFIC, such as V-NECK, or similar...also STUPID, meaningless and TIME WASTING FOR A SELLER!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Unfortunately Ebay doesnt read these forums looking for suggestions. And as theyve shown several times before, even when they DID ask here and at other Groups for suggestions, they didnt pay any attention to them. Read the other Discussions like Selling and Product Catalog, now they even want sellers to VOLUNTEER their time and expertise to do the job Ebay should be doing. And theyre still not listening to suggestions, at least not from this Board. Maybe the posters at the Sellers Board have better luck.

Ranting may help reduce your blood pressure by a point or two, but it doesnt change anything. I dont know if anything will.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@vintageista wrote:

I often wonder if the people on eBay who are responsible for creating ITEM SPECIFICS actually have any experience in he fashion industry?? They seem to be constantly changing their required specifics and some are just plain DUMB!

Particularly annoying are the ones which are REQUIRED to be added when using the Bulk Editor for Relisting. They now have a required measurement for the waist of a men's blazer/sportcoat. This is not a measurement that is ever listed for this category by any manufacturer either domestic or imported. Why would they add this measurement? It is meaningless if you check off a box for "fit" like classic or modern, etc. The "fit" indicates whether the garment is slightly indented or shaped at the waistline or not!

The result is that now everytime I relist a men's blazer, I NOW have to individually search my inventory and add that measurement, or just add N/A which is easier to do but meaningless!

STUPID EBAY CHANGES DRIVE ME NUTS!

I came upon this change today too when editing my handling times.  It would NOT let me reload the items until I put in a waist measurement for my men's suit coats.  HOW STUPID!  It almost seems like they just try to make changes for the fun of it because obviously no man is going to search a suit coat for a very specific waist measurement.  I ended up just using the N/A option, but still had to edit each one individually as the bulk editor (grouped by catagory) wouldn't work.  Just another Ebay glitch...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply