cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre 1980's Louis Vuitton

Hi. I have sold several authentic vintage LV bags. I am hesitant with this one, and need some help.

Does anyone know if pre 1980's Louis Vuitton bags ever had the LV sewn into the seam? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pre 1980's Louis Vuitton

TY Alberta. You know I do no research lol. 

OP no need to post more pics but you need to rewrite your listing and I suggest you put $7.50 into it for a professional authentication to protect your listing so no one reports it for its oddities.

Your bag cannot be older than 1979 and I believe it’s 80s. It is an authentic Vintage French Co (made in Los Angeles) Louis Vuitton hobo style shoulder strap bag. It is a legally licensed piece. It has no name. You need to point all of this out in your listing. The cut off LVs are fine. Good luck with it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Not answering without seeing way more pics of the interior, hardware, leather trim, any stamping etc. I can then most likely tell you what you have but it’s VERY unlikely that it’s pre 80s.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Is that the same bag you ended early because of an error in the listing?
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

TY Alberta. You know I do no research lol. 

OP no need to post more pics but you need to rewrite your listing and I suggest you put $7.50 into it for a professional authentication to protect your listing so no one reports it for its oddities.

Your bag cannot be older than 1979 and I believe it’s 80s. It is an authentic Vintage French Co (made in Los Angeles) Louis Vuitton hobo style shoulder strap bag. It is a legally licensed piece. It has no name. You need to point all of this out in your listing. The cut off LVs are fine. Good luck with it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I noticed it right when I hit "list" so, yes. I would never want to sell anything that wasn't authentic!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Again, it’s definitely authentic but IMO you’re asking for trouble if you list it without a professional authentication included in your listing. JMO

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so very much!! 🐵

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I will do that, I just never had used that service in the past. Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Good- that’s a wise decision IMO.You don’t have to-there’s no question that your bag is authentic TO ME. There are however so many people out there that think they have knowledge on how to authenticate Vuitton that are absolutely clueless about the existence of this licensed product which Vuitton today’s tries very hard to forget. Unfortunately those pieces break pretty much every rule that we usually use to authenticate Vuitton. 

YOU weren’t sure about the bag and ended the listing and you also couldn’t accurately date it.  Doesn’t that tell you that this piece is a prime bag for having someone report it? You’re going to get good money for it’s so it’s smart to put $7.50 into it. It won’t 100% protect your listing (although it should IMO) but it certainly will add some protection. You’re on this board enough-you know who we’d recommend beside being the least expensive. 

Personally I love those licensed pieces and think they’re made of iron compared to contemporary product.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply