cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help authenticating vintage Louis Vuitton

Hello,

I was wondering if this Louis Vuitton bag was made by the French Company?  There is no tag on the interior.  From what I researched, the C & C zipper was used by the French Company on their luggage pieces.  Also the trim along the front pocket is real leather and everything lines up as far as the monogram print.  I would like an opinion on whether I should have this officially authenticated if you believe it's real or should I just trash it?

Thank you and I appreciate any input on this.

WGH_2075.JPGWGH_2079.JPGWGH_2080.JPGWGH_2082.JPGWGH_2084.JPGWGH_2085.JPGWGH_2092.JPGWGH_2095.JPGWGH_2103.JPGWGH_2090.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No clue from me. The leather appears to be untanned which cannot be FC. FC only used dyed leathers while France used undyed vachetta. Findings appear to be nickle which was used by FC but not by France. On my device I don’t see the striations in the monogram print but that could be your camera. Are they there? If not it cannot be Vuitton. 

The authenticator that I would suggest for an old oddball piece like this is Caroldiva.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you jsales0.

I am attaching 2 additional photos.  The first is my French Company LV tote and the second photo is the unknown LV.  I wasn't sure what you meant by striations, so I photographed both monograms closeup for comparison.  They letters 'LV' both measure the same in height and width.

I will definitely contact Caroldiva for her opinion on this 🙂

French Co. LV monogramFrench Co. LV monogramUnknown LV monogramUnknown LV monogram

Message 3 of 3
latest reply