cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help authenticating Prada dress (with pics)

20170906_194600.jpg20170906_194427.jpg20170906_194434.jpg20170906_194446.jpg20170906_194502.jpg20170906_194518.jpg

First off, apologies for the weird formatting of this post. eBay automatically flipped my pictures then did some odd thing with the text. 

So this is a castoff my mom received from someone she knows. I'd love to sell if it's real Prada but it looks pretty fake to me. Wanted some input to be sure, though. 

Note: there is NO Prada label anywhere on the garment, apart from the enamel label on the chest. No indication even that a label was there but removed. All I can find is the garment tag with washing instructions.

I've included pics of the garment tag, but I feel like that looks standard for any cheaply made garment. Even my Forever 21 clothes usually have care instructions AND the brand stamped onto the same tag. 

Also: note the back of the enamel label. It's not sewn on, instead it's a pair of wire tabs that have affixed the enamel label to the dress. 

Can anyone help me authenticate this dress? I've never handled anything by Prada, let alone clothing, but this looks pretty dang fake to me. I'd like to be 100% sure though.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm sure it's fake.

1. The RN number is for a brand called Sangria.
2. Prada wouldn't make a dress of acrylic.
3. The font is wrong on that plaque.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Agree. It is counterfeit. Sorry.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Kinda funny (not really) that it's a counterfeit Missoni with a counterfeit Prada triangle.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That was my first thought too!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

Kinda funny (not really) that it's a counterfeit Missoni with a counterfeit Prada triangle.

That's what happens when Missoni and Prada fool around and have a baby.

And this is what you get when you cross Michael Kors with Louis Vuitton:

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That is too funny!  Counterfeiter got his labels mixed up and stitched PRADA into MISSONI-wannabe dress.

Debora

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you everyone! It really does look like Missoni for Target.

I ended up removing the triangle out of curiosity and it was glued on LOL. I'm thinking the lady who gave this to my mom bought the triangle and pinned it on herself onto a "Sangria" dress.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply