BB52B5B6-1F26-483C-8D10-6D841295F056.png

96A424C1-07B7-47B4-8D92-637609C2AF33.png

Please help to check if this wallet is real or not? Thank you 🙏🏻 ☺️😊

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Louis Vuitton authentication

Sorry all but when I pass, I pass. I can’t see enough detail in those pictures and I don’t know Damier or the men’s wallets. The silver stamping IS correct for graphite. Brown has used red. I also am not familiar with that particular construction, but again I don’t know the men’s wallets and I don’t do research to answer-I either know or I don’t know. 

If Petals is around she can probably authenticate from font but the date code is too fuzzy for me. I need to see closeup details of stitching and edge finishing. I can’t see that. I thought these were made in Spain but that doesn’t mean they weren’t made in France too.

No clue why it was relisted. Sorry to pass the buck but I obviously read the boards a lot and if I don’t answer it’s not because I didn’t see the question.

I do believe that red flags are valid indicators and when I spot more than one I pass.

In this case the pictures are lousy, the price is dirt cheap for new and the piece has been relisted at least once.

If purchased it should immediately go to an authenticator IMO and, when an item is suspect it should IMO be a domestic to the buyer or return shipping is a major problem. Apologies I can’t be of more help on this one.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Let me call someone that will know for you. I believe you can list the item #.

@jsales0 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Didn’t post as can’t see anything clearly. Sorry

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The item number: 113703629072
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Not that this is (necessarily) related but did you notice that it was sold on March 30 for $296? I'd be curious about why the first buyer backed out.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Oh really? I didn’t notice that. Maybe somethings wrong. I’ll consider to buy from different seller then. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Another thing I noticed (and maybe @jsales0 could answer) is that other wallets of that style have the stamping in red. I don't know whether all of them are supposed to have red imprints.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sorry all but when I pass, I pass. I can’t see enough detail in those pictures and I don’t know Damier or the men’s wallets. The silver stamping IS correct for graphite. Brown has used red. I also am not familiar with that particular construction, but again I don’t know the men’s wallets and I don’t do research to answer-I either know or I don’t know. 

If Petals is around she can probably authenticate from font but the date code is too fuzzy for me. I need to see closeup details of stitching and edge finishing. I can’t see that. I thought these were made in Spain but that doesn’t mean they weren’t made in France too.

No clue why it was relisted. Sorry to pass the buck but I obviously read the boards a lot and if I don’t answer it’s not because I didn’t see the question.

I do believe that red flags are valid indicators and when I spot more than one I pass.

In this case the pictures are lousy, the price is dirt cheap for new and the piece has been relisted at least once.

If purchased it should immediately go to an authenticator IMO and, when an item is suspect it should IMO be a domestic to the buyer or return shipping is a major problem. Apologies I can’t be of more help on this one.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just want to add that when one sees items that are rarely or never discounted and listed as new as opposed to used at prices that are a fraction of retail it’s best to use common sense. Not saying that some “prince” couldn’t be gifted something they didn’t care about but in most cases they’d exchange it rather than dump it on the internet. 

There are always oddball exceptions. I’ve actually bought new Vuitton pieces for a fraction of retail but they weren’t on eBay and were through very unusual circumstances and were never continuing general production pieces. As with everything in life, “Buyer Beware”. I’m a great believer in “back” button use. JMO

Message 9 of 9
latest reply