cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing removed

I listed a vintage Coach Purse No. G2L-4150. It was removed as fraudulent. However there is another listing in a different color for the same Fletcher Saddle Bag purse on ebay. What's the issue? My purse is authentic and I feel I am being targeted. Any one else had this happen?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Listing removed

@rhow6201 

Oh sorry bout that. Did you post pictures on the fashion board for resident Coach expert @albertabrightalberta .

to view just for piece of mind as you cannot list it again.

I'm just throwing this out there, this is starting to happen quite frequently with designer bags, sneakers. I'm wondering if the rash of burglaries or shoplifting incidents in San Francisco has anything to do with this?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rhow6201 wrote:

I listed a vintage Coach Purse No. G2L-4150. It was removed as fraudulent. However there is another listing in a different color for the same Fletcher Saddle Bag purse on ebay. What's the issue? My purse is authentic and I feel I am being targeted. Any one else had this happen?

Put it to the test. Post pics here and let the experts chime in.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201 wrote:

Please post pictures on the fashion board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Nothing can be authenticated without pictures! 

When you say there's another Fletcher bag  on ebay, are you implying that it has the same prefix (G2L)? I didn't see it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201   This is what you want:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

The people on that board are not only fellow sellers of designer items, but know a lot about authenticity problems (i.e., how to prove authenticity to eBay and the like). 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201 

I just saw the listing for the brown bag with the same serial number as the bag you had removed. That bag is fake. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

It wouldn't be profitbale for counterfeiters to only make one.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@toysaver wrote:

It wouldn't be profitbale for counterfeiters to only make one.

True, but often, OPs will say there are x-number of the same bags and they look identical. But in a lot of cases, items will have different serial numbers, wrong production information, differences in construction, etc. So even though the style may be the same, one can be fake and another authentic. (Keep in mind that the counterfeiters can (and do) often put "correct" serial numbers on fakes. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

How do you know any any reason ebay would not remove that bag? I still think they flag me because last year I had a bag they said was fake. How can you truly tell and authentic one? Is there an online guide, or is it just experience in handling the purses??? Thanks for any help you can provide. Oh, and can you report a fake one to the powers that be at ebay, or is it more complicated than that.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

Your listing was not removed by eBay.  It was removed by Coach.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201 wrote:

The other listing has not been found by VERO, or reported to ebay, is the why your got it; and theirs did not.

Other advice has been given that you should follow.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

How do you guys know it was a VERO take down?

Handbag people do come upon fakes and report them.

One report wont cause a removal but several reports are supposed to trigger a review and if deemed fake a removal.

Coach can & will VERO for counterfeits but eBay also removes the listings if deemed fake.

Just wondering if the OP got a VERO notice or how you know?

And to the OP, @rhow6201  Coach bags can look the same and still one can be counterfeit- or maybe both are and the others just haven't been reported/removed yet.

It takes a LONG time & a lot of experience & resources to authenticate designer goods. Most people don't do all brands but specialize in one or a few.

Authenticating online with only photos is even more difficult than doing so in person. 

@albertabrightalberta knows Coach, I trust her and if she says it fake- it's fake. 

Did anyone ever look at your bag? Did you post it on Fashion Board? 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@pikabo-icu wrote:

How do you guys know it was a VERO take down?

Handbag people do come upon fakes and report them.

One report wont cause a removal but several reports are supposed to trigger a review and if deemed fake a removal.

Coach can & will VERO for counterfeits but eBay also removes the listings if deemed fake.

Just wondering if the OP got a VERO notice or how you know?

And to the OP, @rhow6201  Coach bags can look the same and still one can be counterfeit- or maybe both are and the others just haven't been reported/removed yet.

It takes a LONG time & a lot of experience & resources to authenticate designer goods. Most people don't do all brands but specialize in one or a few.

Authenticating online with only photos is even more difficult than doing so in person. 

@albertabrightalberta knows Coach, I trust her and if she says it fake- it's fake. 

Did anyone ever look at your bag? Did you post it on Fashion Board? 

I used both  vero or reported.. Both can get a listing removed...

I agree with most we as users need to see photos of this item to say  maybe maybe not...

Item may be fake or it may not.... LOL

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201 wrote:

How do you know any any reason ebay would not remove that bag? I still think they flag me because last year I had a bag they said was fake. How can you truly tell and authentic one? Is there an online guide, or is it just experience in handling the purses??? Thanks for any help you can provide. Oh, and can you report a fake one to the powers that be at ebay, or is it more complicated than that.

It was recommended that you post pictures on the fashion board but you hadn't done that. You'll get a lot more help there. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

I'm guessing the listing was removed because the Coach bag was deemed to be fake. 

Without more information (specifically PICTURES posted on fashion, you won't get much more help here. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Listing removed

@rhow6201 

I requested that this thread be moved to fashion and now that it's here, please come back and post pictures, including clear pictures of the bag. 

For pictures, start with the front, the interior, a clear picture of the creed and serial number and if there are buckles, pictures of any markings on the buckle, front and/or back.

Once we can see pictures, we can tell you whether the bag was removed in error (or if fake, correctly removed). If removed in error, we can advise on the steps to take to allow reinstatement of the listing.

albertabrightalberta

Message 15 of 20
latest reply