cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Coach Backpack authentic?

Hi there,

I saw this listing & thought the creed looked weird. Asked for a better pic of creed & for pics of hardware & seller sent me the pics attached.  It looks counterfeit to me, but wanted to check here.  It also has two bids, so would like to know.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this Coach Backpack authentic?

Thank you all so much for your insight! No, I do not own the bag.  I saw it listed on the link provided in my first post (but maybe it didn't work?).  Today I looked for it and no longer see it, so perhaps it ended?  Anyway, thanks so so much for your help and expertise!  Very much appreciated.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Just from those 2 photos you posted Ive seen enough to make me believe its fake, but you shouldnt act on that yet

The turnlock is almost 100 percent limited to fakes. Even though a few non-Coach replacement turnlocks can have the same details, so far every one Ive seen has been on a fake. We DONT report items as fake based just on a turnlock.

The creed stamp and serial number are bad too, as you already noticed. The serial stamping is terrible, there are large gaps between words in the creed where they shouldnt be.

I cant read the serial year code and thats important just like all the other serial number digits. Give me  afew minutes to try and tweak the photos.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Do you actually own the bag? Id really like a better creed and serial photo and one that isnt upside down. It looks like a third of the creed is missing and the first few digits of the serial are unreadable.I cant find trustworthy pictures of the same style either.

Are you the seller?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

And this rotated picture of the creed is telling! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 8.15.53 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

And this rotated picture of the creed is telling! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 8.15.53 PM.png

Its impossible to tell what the year code is, but Im sure there were never any known  GENUINE B-plant serial number stamps where the "o" in "No" was almost as big as the N. But so far I DID find one that looks very similar with the same over-large "o". I also have a closeup of the stitching on one corner of the front flap which is what raised a red flag and why I marked the creed photo as Probably Fake when I saved it. The spacing of the words in the creed is slightly different but the fakers many have modified the creed stamp along the way and were probably using separate creed and serial stamps just like Coach did.

1996_B-plant_PROB.FAKE_L6B-9988-a.jpg1996_B-plant_PROB.FAKE_L6B-9988-c.jpg1996_B-plant_PROB.FAKE_L6B-9988-d.jpg

Its barely possible that it may have been a repair, but why would anyone doing a repair use stitches that were less than half the size of the original ones? It doesnt make sense to me. The font of the Coach logo in the comparison photo looks "off" too but I think the serial number stamping in both purses may have been made by the same stamp. The 9s in both serial stamps look the same.

If I find any more with similar problem details, Ill post them

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Another oversized "o", notice the faint impression of the edge of a stamp ABOVE the creed stamp. That never happens on genuine Coaches.

1996_B-PROB FAKE_L6B-9988-a.jpg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all so much for your insight! No, I do not own the bag.  I saw it listed on the link provided in my first post (but maybe it didn't work?).  Today I looked for it and no longer see it, so perhaps it ended?  Anyway, thanks so so much for your help and expertise!  Very much appreciated.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply