cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Burberry scarf authentic?

IMG_4475.JPG

Hi! I saw this scarf on Internet, but it was only one picture.This is local site, and price is very low, and everything is sold in 1-2 minutes, also this one.Just got curious about it, is it possible to tell from one pic was this authentic Burberry scarf??Edges?!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it's fake. The font on the label is wrong and the hemming and fringed edges look very poorly done. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think it's fake. The font on the label is wrong and the hemming and fringed edges look very poorly done. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank You! I thought so, also font seemed a bit different. But few things a saw in this site also authentic! And this pic i think look authentic for me, but this i saw 1 month ago in the same site. IMG_4530.JPG

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm not sure what your point is. Those are 2 different scarves. The second one is a different material (appears silk) and a completely different style. (I don't know whether the second is genuine or not but IMO, it certainly appears to be better quality than the first.)

Are you implying that if a site has one authentic, all items are authentic? Although I don't know which site you found those scarves on, most sites have different sellers or some sellers might have multiple items. Just as on ebay, there are fakes and there are authentic items. And also on ebay, a seller might mix (knowingly or not) genuine items and fakes. 

Again, I believe the first scarf you posted in the OP is fake. Other opinions are welcome.

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It is fake. That label is sewn weird, the font is wrong. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for Your replay! It confirms my thoughts too.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks! Yes, those are 2 different scarves.The same site but not in ebay! The main think is how to recognize is it fake or not from the one picture.That seller  do not spend time in making many pic because anyway it will take 1-2 min to sell everything.There is no time to ask more pic. Everything depends how smart is buyer.In my opinion this second silk scarf for me looked authentic, but who knows.But was not sure about first pic I posted, but that font for me also seemed strange.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply