cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have my suspicions about this so-called Hermes scarf....

Letters of title look too plain, colours insufficiently differentiated and vibrant, bad label. I hope I'm wrong! It is nice heavyweight silk, good hems, and I paid £85 for it! Might you experts let me have your views?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-HERMES-SILK-SCARF-BRIDES-ET-FRONTAUX-/383531074806?_trksid=p20476...

Sorry - I cant get the drag and drop thing to attach my own photograph..

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Mary Hx

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have my suspicions about this so-called Hermes scarf....

Wow!  This is utterly totally fantastic to hear! Thank you, thank you thank you!  What an amazing and kind resource we are privileged enough to have, being able to key in to your years' of study and expertise, just like that.  I am so excited and grateful, and feel very lucky.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't see anything in the listing that makes me think the scarf is anything but authentic. Sometimes Hermes does things that we don't expect! This scarf was originally released in 1972, and at that time some of the scarf designs were... out of the ordinary.

I think you did well!
warmest regards,
Vanessa
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Know that Vanessa is our board expert on Hermès scarves so you need no other opinions!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Wow!  This is utterly totally fantastic to hear! Thank you, thank you thank you!  What an amazing and kind resource we are privileged enough to have, being able to key in to your years' of study and expertise, just like that.  I am so excited and grateful, and feel very lucky.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Believe me, we're all thrilled for you! Finding something beautiful and precious at a bargain price is always a great feeling, isn't it?

warmest regards,

Vanessa

Message 5 of 5
latest reply