cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hermes Scarf Authenticity

I have a question about a Hermes scarf entitled Hommage a Central Park.  I was under the impression that this was only issued with the New York address around the outer edge but I recently saw one without it. Everything else about the scarf looked good except this. I was hoping someone could give me a definitive answer. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hermes Scarf Authenticity

@stam-3498 

@*vanessa*loredano* is the resident Hermes scarf expert but I doubt she or anyone else would be able to authenticate a scarf without pictures. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

OH my....

There are TWO different scarves that are called Hommage a Central Park. The one with the address on it is basically the old standard Promenade a Longchamps, with an oval medallion below the central image of the carriage with the couple, and the address of the new store in the pattern. That one is a limited edition and actually had a serial number in the bottom of the oval medallion.

There's ALSO a scarf also called Jardin Enchantee, which came out in 2003 and was in honor of the 150th anniversary of Central Park. It was an entirely new design.

Are we all sufficiently confused?

regards,

Vanessa

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi,

I am referencing the Central Park version of Promenade a Longchamps. I recently saw one that had the name in the center with a serial number but it didn't have the address around the outer ring which made me question the authenticity. Was this scarf ever produced without the address?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi @*vanessa*loredano* 

Thank you for the reply! I am referencing the Central Park version of Promenade a Longchamps. I recently saw one that had the name in the center with a serial number but it didn't have the address around the outer ring which made me question the authenticity. Was this scarf ever produced without the address?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anything is possible with Hermes. Anything. But the missing address would give me pause; I'd have to have the scarf in my hands to assess things like the quality of the silk screening, the weight of the fabric, the skill in sewing the hems, etc. There are too many scarves in the world to risk buying something iffy!

regards,

Vanessa

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you @*vanessa*loredano*  I let it go. I'm sad about it because I've been looking for this scarf for a long time, but I just couldn't get past the missing address 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm with you - it's hard to pass up something that you've tried to find for a long time, but think of the disappointment and the hassle if the scarf turned out to be, in fact, counterfeit.

Good decision!

warmest regards,

Vanessa

Message 8 of 8
latest reply