cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my Granny's Dolce&Gabbana + Coach Scarves?

Thought I'd ask the smartest crowd around if they could help me with two scarves of my Granny's that I found in her stuff.

1. Coach Scarf. Measures approximately 32" x 32". Brown Logos. 100% Silk and the tag says Made in China with an RN of 26128

2. Dolce&Gabbana Black with White Polka Dots Scarf with Red Trim. D&G Logos in opposite corners with a D&G black tag that has a single stitch on each side.

I am hoping you can shine your expertise on these and tell me if they're real, if they have a style or model or line they come from, and approximately how old they are? 

I appreciate any and all input and have a great day!

IMG_8490.JPGIMG_8491.JPGIMG_8492.JPGIMG_8493.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help with my Granny's Dolce&Gabbana + Coach Scarves?

The Coach scarf is authentic.

I feel that I have to comment though in anticipation of questions about the quality (or seeming lack thereof).

I think this is one of those cases where Coach made a really dumb move. I looks like this scarf is one they designed to use up fabric they had left over from other projects and the construction looks as if a kindergartner made it!

Because many of Coach's scarves have relatively low retail prices, they don't always have hand-rolled and hand sewn hems.

And this is one of those that although genuine Coach isn't the quality you'd see in a luxury scarf.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for your input on the Coach! Any thoughts on the D&G? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't have input.

Wait for others.
albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I’m not expert on D & G but certainly experienced and I’m unfamiliar with both that script as well as the fabric of the scarf. Unless a known boardie can authenticate it I strongly suggest that you either use a professional authenticator for approx. $7.50 or not sell it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for your input! I will see if anyone can offer additional insight on the D&G. This board is always so helpful.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm not sure how helpful this is but since there have been no other responses, I'm posting an observation. 

While my comp isn't apples to apples, as I was unable to find any D&G/Dolce and Gabbana scarves with a script logo, I did find sunglasses (style D&G 6019) with a similar logo. 

My observation regarding the scarf is with the difference in the ampersand.  

Other opinions are welcome. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Excellent! I figure with all the minds here on this board, we'll be able to piece it together. I wish I could just ask her where she got it or if she had more information about it. My grandma didn't either. Thank you so much! I welcome any additional expertise as well!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply