cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

No problems coming or going here. Packages are getting here in about 2 days and where ever I send them in about the same amount of time FC and priority.

Message 31 of 206
latest reply

I had one buyer asked me to ship the next day because she wanted it for vacation.  I shipped it next day (Monday) and it was supposed to arrive on Wednesday for 2 day priority. 

She apparently left for vacation came back ten days later and sent me a note asking where was it? 

I checked and it went from Boston to Philly to Atlanta and finally to Florida 11 days later. 

I never check my shipping unless someone asks, so I have no idea how often this is happening.   

Message 32 of 206
latest reply

It seems like lately (for me, at least) I'll have one out of every 5 or 6 packages take double the amount of time it normally takes for priority. I agree with the poster who said that FC seems to be quicker sometimes. 

You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us - Robert Louis Stevenson
Message 33 of 206
latest reply

Heard on the radio this morning that Postal rates will be going up in January.  49 cents for First Class and increases for other types of mail as well.

Message 34 of 206
latest reply

YES! I've been using USPS priority lately for my items, and they were NOT delivered within the promised 1 - 3 days. It's awful! I have a parcel which I shipped on 09/18 with the promised delivery of 3 days and it's still somewhere (09/26) in la-la land. The tracking does not even show any progress! I wish there was a way to get a refund for a screwed up delivery deadlines...

Message 35 of 206
latest reply

I am noticing that my local USPS isn't adding tracking info and with media rate, their adding it about three days after drop off, I mailed some books on Wednesday and they didn't add excepted until Saturday. It looks like I dropped them off three days after printing postage...  I keep getting letters from anxious customers..

Message 36 of 206
latest reply

I ship live beta fish and for the last year, the ups priority mail has delivered the fish late more times than not. At times, causing the death of the poor fish. The fish are fine for 3 it 4 days, but after that.....????
If the ups priority is going to take 1 to 5 days, then say so and lower your price.
I wish i had another choice for shipping my fish. The usps stinks. J.b
Message 37 of 206
latest reply

I had a related issue a summer ago where I felt the postal service had changed a little based on the over 5000 packages I have shipped.  I asked my local post office what they thought was going on, and they said, in some areas (could be anywhere along the route) they were using a lot of temporary workers and it was slowing things down.  I don't have proof that this is still the case, but for what it is worth, that would definitely explain quality control issues....

Message 38 of 206
latest reply

I bought a DS with USPS as my carrier and it has been 4 days from the last Tracking Update, Totally did not ship in 2-3 Days, only once has USPS shipped fast and it was a year ago! so USPS is getting slower.

Message 39 of 206
latest reply

Lately about half my packages go to the sorting center and STAY THERE until I ask the PO where they are and why they havent been delivered yet.  It is like they have no incentive to move things along until some one takes an interest.  I took packages to the PO Tuesday of last week and there was no tracking info in the system UNTIL Friday afternoon when I went and asked them to track by the numbers from Paypal.  All of a sudden they are moving but only showing as "accepted" at the PO on FRIDAY - FOUR DAYS LATER than I dropped them off.  Admittedly they did move from the storting center to the buyers local PO almost overnight.  What good is tracking if it isnt accurate?

Message 40 of 206
latest reply

If you want to see the post office returned to sanity, then please read all about the history behind HR 6407, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 and speak out in favor of reversing the financial requirements in this legistation. It was introduced to the House by Congressman Tom Davis (R-VA) and passed in 48 hours with only a few minutes of debate, and it was done by voice rather than recorded. 

USPS' financial problems are rooted in this legislation. It requires that USPS fund it's pensions 75 years in to the future within a 10 year window beginning in 2007. This breaks down to approximately $5.5 billion per year that USPS must set aside specifically for pensions through the year 2017.

This legislation was many years in the making, dating back to the late 80s/early 90s. It was legislation bought and paid for by UPS and FEDEX lobbyists in order to break the post office so that it would be privatized - sold off for pennies on the dollar (to Fedex and UPS) If you don't beleive me, the information is all public record for anyone to research.

Nobel Laureate Economist Joseph Stiglitz makes the case that historically, worldwide, the fastest way companies have been able to gain monopoly power is when a public good is auctioned off to the private sector.

It would be a sad day for the US and one of the most incredible transfers of wealth from the public to corporate interests if this intentional breaking of the post office results in privatization. 

Message 41 of 206
latest reply

@the-distaff-side wrote:

Heard on the radio this morning that Postal rates will be going up in January.  49 cents for First Class and increases for other types of mail as well.

This is a stupid and weird amount.  Why not just make it an even 50 cents then not raise the rate again for 5 years or so?  Then raise it an even 55 or 60 cents.  Really all those stupid uneven pennies make no sense!

Message 42 of 206
latest reply

@lady_elaine_fairchilde wrote:

If you want to see the post office returned to sanity, then please read all about the history behind HR 6407, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 and speak out in favor of reversing the financial requirements in this legistation. It was introduced to the House by Congressman Tom Davis (R-VA) and passed in 48 hours with only a few minutes of debate, and it was done by voice rather than recorded. 

USPS' financial problems are rooted in this legislation. It requires that USPS fund it's pensions 75 years in to the future within a 10 year window beginning in 2007. This breaks down to approximately $5.5 billion per year that USPS must set aside specifically for pensions through the year 2017.

This legislation was many years in the making, dating back to the late 80s/early 90s. It was legislation bought and paid for by UPS and FEDEX lobbyists in order to break the post office so that it would be privatized - sold off for pennies on the dollar (to Fedex and UPS) If you don't beleive me, the information is all public record for anyone to research.

Nobel Laureate Economist Joseph Stiglitz makes the case that historically, worldwide, the fastest way companies have been able to gain monopoly power is when a public good is auctioned off to the private sector.

It would be a sad day for the US and one of the most incredible transfers of wealth from the public to corporate interests if this intentional breaking of the post office results in privatization. 

I have also heard that many employees make higher retirement than they did as salary when they were working.  This not only burdens the system with very high retirement but also gives people an incentive to retire early and get retirement longer.  Imagine you cant get a raise or arent happy with the raise you get? Just take early retirement!!  And postal workers also tend to retire at a fairly young age - 50!!  so they may collect retirement for THIRTY YEARS if they live to be 80!!

Message 43 of 206
latest reply

While I am on a roll with beating a dead horse - I went and looked at those packages that sat until Friday and it looks like most have moved on but a couple are now stuck at DIFFERENT sorting facilities.  One is even marked DELIVERED - TODAY when there there is no mail service!!  That's a pretty neat trick!

Message 44 of 206
latest reply

Hello All,

Indeed it has been slow. I purchased some items from eBay and another site online. This is what has happend with my packages being shipped with Two Day Priority and First Class:

From Kentucky (2 day priority), Michigan (2 day priority), and Indiana (first class). The 2 day priority mail took 7 days (one of the packages from the same place took 8), and the first class will be in day 9 on Monday.

I called the PO about my other packages that had been sent and the only mail they guarantee is Express. Otherwise, they don't guarantee 2 or 3 day priority in 2 or 3 days. I talked with a local PO supervisor and he said they had so many packages they used the additional part-time help to manually sort. I called the Greensboro District supervisor and no one answered. I left a message and she has yet to return my call. Everything I've received lately using UPS arrived on time 2-3 days and one package was from Missouri.

The Post Office has a definite problem.

Message 45 of 206
latest reply