cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

I am noticing the same with USPS my pkgs I am sending are not getting there on time and I ship priority mail.  For instance a pkg sent from Ohio to KY is now in Texas.... whats up with that?

@insearchofancestors wrote:

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Message 181 of 206
latest reply

I am a new seller and I am very concerned with the slow delivery service when I take items to the post office within hours of payment.  Then I watch like so many of you describe doing.  Is the solution to use anything BUT USPS?  What is the best alternative?  It is very stressful and time consuming to monitor the tracking numbers that stall state expected delivery three days ago when they still haven't been delivered.

I appreciate any ideas from seasoned sellers.

Frank

Message 182 of 206
latest reply

I too have noticed terrible service on my USPS first class shipments. The package I shipped in May 13 has made it just to the next city 70 miles away in 7 days. I could walk the package twice as fast as the postal service is taking! The EBay shipping estimations said 3-5 days for this service. My buyers are suffering and I am paying for service I am not receiving. Who at EBay do we talk to about this?
Message 183 of 206
latest reply

Yeah it's getting ridiculous because I ordered a new compound bow on Thursday of last week and here it is a week later and it just checked into my states sorting facility. I don't know if it's because the package is larger than the usual packages out there that it can't fit on all the same shipments as the other's but I'm tired of waiting for it.

Message 184 of 206
latest reply

Glade it's not just me, I have put future shopping on hold. The service has more stop overs than a parcel being sent via eBay priority mail, hate to see the basic! Do you think they say priority to make it sound better and make you think your getting a faster service than you really are?

I live in Australia and bought a item in England and an item in the U.S the item was faulty from England. I had the item returned to England before I received my parcel from the U.S. That was DHL not eBay priority though and included return proceeds.

Message 185 of 206
latest reply

Glade it's not just me, I have put future shopping on hold. The service has more stop overs than a parcel being sent via eBay priority mail, hate to see the basic service! Do you think they say priority to make it sound better and make you think your getting a faster service than you really are?

I live in Australia and bought a item in England and an item in the U.S the item was faulty from England. I had the item returned to England before I received my parcel from the U.S. That was DHL not eBay priority though and included return proceeds.

Message 186 of 206
latest reply

Glade it's not just me, I have put future shopping on hold. The service has more stop overs than a parcel being sent via eBay priority mail, hate to see the basic service! Do you think they say priority to make it sound better and make you think your getting a faster service than you really are?

Message 187 of 206
latest reply

Sorry about triple copy, current item is 7 days in transit and has not left the U.S of A
Message 188 of 206
latest reply

I'm not sure what eBay Priority is, but it is NOT USPS.  USPS is the United States Postal Service and part of the U.S. federal government... sort of.  I use USPS first class and priority mail within the United States (no international selling) and have not had any issues with my local office scanning tracking information or delivery in or out.  With that said, I've heard nightmares from other U.S. sellers whose local offices are not doing their jobs.  If you are experiencing a problem, then I suggest you contact your local office first.

Message 189 of 206
latest reply

Hmm, about a year ago, I purchased an item from a seller in Seattle, WA.  It was shipped USPS first class mail and it arrived at my door,  in Alabama, in just two days.  Fast forward to Monday of this week, I purchase an item.  Seller promptly dropped it off at the post office the same day.  It was received by the post office on Monday in California.  Two days later, it is still in the same city in California having bounced back and forth between three post offices that are only about 10 miles apart from each other.  **bleep**?

Now, it is Friday (4 days after dropped off at post office) and it still has not reached my state's sort facility.  At this point, it may be middle of next week before I get it.  That will equate to 6-7 BUSINESS day delivery? 

Since when did it take over a week to get a first class package delivered?  Is first class mail now the NEW Parcel Post?

Oh, and I love how USPS website keeps updating everytime a package reaches a sort facility saying "On Time" when in fact it is "Late" and they just keep pushing the expected delivery date out another day or two but still consider it to be "On Time". 

Message 190 of 206
latest reply

Ok here we go this is a list of stop overs being from Australia I almost feel like I'm on tour.

Stop 1. 7.Aug Hudsonville
Stop 2. 7.Aug Grandville
Stop 3. 7 Aug Grand Rapids
Stop 4. 8 Aug Cincinnati
Stop 5. 9 Aug Erlanger
Stop 6. 11 Aug Memphis
Stop 7. 13 Aug Los Angeles
Stop 8. 15 Alexandra

There must be an international airport there somewhere

And still in progress it's coming to Melbourne Australia. Hey don't be surprised if USPS start leaving detailed info. USPS made huge losses recently this must have changed their business plan to suit. Cost saving is the new plan, with customer satisfaction was not included. Bit of a heads up slow delivery service will cause customers to use other methods of transport.

I will let you know when it arrives day 8 still in the U.S
Message 191 of 206
latest reply

Ok here we go this is a list of stop overs being from Australia I almost feel like I'm on tour.

Stop 1. 7.Aug Hudsonville
Stop 2. 7.Aug Grandville
Stop 3. 7 Aug Grand Rapids
Stop 4. 8 Aug Cincinnati
Stop 5. 9 Aug Erlanger
Stop 6. 11 Aug Memphis
Stop 7. 13 Aug Los Angeles
Stop 8. 15 Alexandra

There must be an international airport there somewhere

And still in progress it's coming to Melbourne Australia. Hey don't be surprised if USPS start leaving detailed info. USPS made huge losses recently this must have changed their business plan to suit. Cost saving is the new plan, with customer satisfaction was not included. Bit of a heads up slow delivery service will cause customers to use other methods of transport.

I will let you know when it arrives day 8 still in the U.S
Message 192 of 206
latest reply

I'm up to 9 days and my item has yet to hit an Australian Airport!
Message 193 of 206
latest reply

Yeap i don't know what's going on but over the past week i've been going a little Ebay crazy. 4 of the 10 last packages i've ordered have been stuck at sorting areas for 4-5 days in California. I don't know what's going on but **bleep** i know if UPS offered cheaper services i'd pay the extra $ to have sellers use that.

Message 194 of 206
latest reply

It was ok until last week, from this week, it has been slow, Package to NY shipped on Sat. oftentimes can show up on  the following Monday or Tuesday, but this time, it has not shown up on Thursday yet. Yes, day is not over yet. So hopefully, it will show up, so the buyer would get it by Sat. Usually 3-5 first class now take 7 + days. oh well.

And seems Package in Germany moves really slow too. I have one now sitting in Frankfurt custom since Aug. 18. Hopefully, their post workers are not on strike again. In June they just had a long one (2-3 weeks)

Message 195 of 206
latest reply