cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Re: Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

USPS has been terrible lately. Very poor tracking, almost no updates. Packages get delayed by week. They also delivered package to my neighbor instead of me, and they were proving that they remembered exactly that they delivered it to me.

Message 136 of 206
latest reply

Totally agree-- it's taking days sitting in the post office, and then twice as long for delivery.
Message 137 of 206
latest reply

USPS priority mail should get sued...They either shouldn't be allowed to sell 2-3 day priority w/o guarantee or they should refund those packages that don't get their within the specified time. Any other business and it's false advertisment right? I don't care how slow they claim mail is a 5 hour trip from Dallas to Houston does not take days, where or whatever sort facility this package landed in is messing up bigtime. So from the 8th to now the 17th and still no sign of my package. Sorry about the thread necromancy I'm a little **bleep** off at usps.

Here's my problem: (a 3 day priority package)

Departed USPS Facility

2014-12-14, 04:46:00, DALLAS, TX 75398

Arrived at USPS Facility

2014-12-13, 20:40:00, DALLAS, TX 75398

Departed USPS Facility

2014-12-11, 02:24:00, DES MOINES, IA 50395

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

2014-12-10, 08:20:00, DES MOINES, IA 50395

Departed USPS Facility

2014-12-09, 20:16:00, SAINT PAUL, MN 55121

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

2014-12-09, 08:27:00, SAINT PAUL, MN 55121

Departed Post Office

2014-12-08, 17:01:00, LINDSTROM, MN 55045

Acceptance

2014-12-08, 15:57:00, LINDSTROM, MN 55045

Message 138 of 206
latest reply

I know that with the holidays and everything people should know to expect delayed deliveries but society is so coddled with having things in front of them right away, especially when ebay gives an estimated shipping date. I ship everything same or next business day (sometimes even Saturdays) and rarely ever miss a beat when it comes to shipping. My local post office gets packed tight this time of year and they're so under staffed that it's a joke. Usually when I go in and it's that packed they tell me to leave my packages on an empty counter so that they can scan them when it dies down. Usually they're pretty good with it but lately I have experienced enough problems to the point where I will never trust them with that task again. As far as first class packages, a little over a week ago I tried to get the mail man to take two bubble mailers with 5oz items in them and he refused because he was "too busy" and told me to take them to the post office. The guy was standing right next to his vehicle! Monday I took seven packages there and two of them were never scanned. Just this morning they finally showed up in the tracking. I had one package going from PA to NY which I sent out on the 10th last week. Scanned on 11th at 7:25am. Attempted delivery in my home town on the same day. Bounced between sort facilities in Lehigh Valley, pa and Philly before finally arriving today (17th). It's a shame that FedEx has higher rates for alot of the smaller stuff that I ship. When I ship larger items through them I just call up the Ground guy and he either meets up with me or has me leave them somewhere for him. I commend him for the job he does because he takes it seriously.

Message 139 of 206
latest reply

To add insult to injury, a package I ordered from fedex on the 12th arrived on the 18th. USPS priority mail is a LIE. So what recourse can I take knowing it's not the sellers fault?

Message 140 of 206
latest reply

Seems like it has been slow for a long time since this thread began almost 2 years ago. I have been tracking my first class priority and media mail packages recently and noticed the delays. Doesn't seem to have a common reason or region. First class mail delived in my same state to a buyer within a couple hours seems to take just as long as to a buyer out on the opposite coast. In fact, I have seen packages arrive in California before they arrived in a closer destination within my state (Florida) that I sent out same day. I even tracked a media mail package delivered to MT before my priority mail that was handled and delivered same day. I still have first class packages not delivered that were sent out Dec 29, 2014.

Message 141 of 206
latest reply

I been waiting 10 days for a package that was mailed from Florida(PRIORITY MAIL) IS THIS NORMAL??

@insearchofancestors wrote:

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Message 142 of 206
latest reply

I wouldn't say that 10-days Priority shipping is normal, but I've seen delays in aboubt 75+% of my ackages lately.  It's beyond frustrating espceially when it's costing buyers and sellers money to be tied up or refunded.

Message 143 of 206
latest reply

yes, 1/18/15 from NO LA lots of packages shipped 1/16 1/17.

Message 144 of 206
latest reply

I have a package that's been in Chicago for 4 days now and hasn't moved, it's aggravating because we're supposed to be known for a fast postal service but that's just no longer that case
Message 145 of 206
latest reply

I made a purchase in January 3 2015 and I I haven't received nothing yet it's been a month and 15 days and still haven't received nothing it is ridiculous
Message 146 of 206
latest reply

Ya, things have definitely slowed down since about the middle of January for me.  Occassionally, a package would get hung up and I'd get an e-mail but I would say the majority are taking 6-7+ days now.  I realize a lot of this may be because of the terrible weather in the northern states, but a flat sitting in Houston for 5 days, waiting to go to a TX address, makes no sense.  I also hate that USPS refers to First Class Delivery Confirmation as TRACKING.  Most of my customers expect it to provide real-time updates and about 90% of the time it won't update until it hit the final mailbox.  Really annoying.

Message 147 of 206
latest reply

Um, that's quite a wait.. you're getting tracking information at least right? It's being sorted/transported? And are you buying it from overseas? If that's the case than that kind of makes sense then..

Message 148 of 206
latest reply

Yes!  No problems with my priority mail packages, but first class is very slow.  I dropped packages off on Tuesday following President's Day holiday and they didn't show up as received until Thursday p.m.!  First class used to be wonderful, but now my packages are not even scanned into the system and I think they just sit at my post office.  I think this may be my local post office problem, but wanted to see if this happens to anyone else.  Thanks!

Message 149 of 206
latest reply

i just talked to usps all my mail is going to dallas now instead of fort worth, dallas is a mail hub now it do have the employees are the experience to do the job it is a lot more work for them usps is cutting cost it will happen in all areas soon they tell me.

Message 150 of 206
latest reply