cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Ordered an item shipped from Connecticut.  It was shipped early on 3/18, Priority 3 day, "scheduled to be delivered March 21".  Tracking events showed it went from CT to Jacksonville, FL in less than 2 days, so there was obviously no weather excuse for being late.  At 7:00 AM 3/21 tracking reported Departed Jacksonville 1:36 AM 3/21.  From Jacksonville to Sarasota is a 5 hr drive, worst case 6 hrs if the truck is travelling below the speed limit.  As of 7:00 PM 3/21 no package was delivered AND tracking report had not been updated.  Just now, 11:03 PM 3/21, tracking report still says departed Jacksonville 1:36 AM, scheduled for delivery Saturday, March 21.  I know the seller shipped the morning after I paid, paid extra for Priority shippng.  This will not hurt the seller's rating, but it is extraordinarily frustrating to watch those stupid commercials in which USPS actually brags about how much smoother business goes when one chooses to ship via USPS Priority.   "No worries!"  None except worrying when and if the package will arrive, since the tracking system is useless if the morons who handle delivery do not do their job.

Message 166 of 206
latest reply

closer to 2 weeks anymore...

Message 167 of 206
latest reply

I have given up on USPS picking up my Priority Mail packages after 4 times last year they just ignored them.  They delivered my mail but ignored the packages I had scheduled on line for them to pick up.  So frustrating. 

There are also huge issues with the North Houston Sort Facility, where packages go and get stuck for days...weeks at a time before they move on.  I have had to refund several people because of this.

Message 168 of 206
latest reply

We have had the same issue the package was sent out and was 2day priority mail shipping and it was suppose to be at my home and it was coming from Florida and I am in Kentucky and people that doesn't have 2day priority mail shipping and has regular shipping is getting there packages faster then the ones who have 2day priority mail shipping. I think it is crazy and people pay extra for that type of shipping and isn't getting it like they are suppose to someone needs to get there mail like it says they are suppose to
Message 169 of 206
latest reply

First Class has been slow for me. My first class mail is taking a full week  (7 days total) to get from west coast to east coast.

Haven't had issues with Priority Mail but is a day slower to anywhere now.

Message 170 of 206
latest reply

USPS is f***in' up. Media mail is always a joke, but lately more than ever. Two weeks out, and a package isn't even in my state yet? Argh!

Message 171 of 206
latest reply

I'm up in Michigan and getting USPS packages have been taking an extra couple of days, at least. Now, I have a package that's been sitting in Memphis for over a week. Really frustrating when you click on that little tracking number every day and see that nothing has changed. 

http://www.savethepostoffice.com/how-new-service-standards-may-slow-down-much-more-mail-postal-servi...

Message 172 of 206
latest reply

USPS is awful. A seller sent me a package March 24 from Chicago. Estimated delivery March 30. The package never moved. I call to open a case April 3. Then I called to check every day with no updates. They kept promising to call me back but they never did. Today, April 10th, my text updates finally updated me and it moved Iowa.
The website says "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DES MOINES, IOWA"
17 days for it to 300 miles!!! I needed the package by April 12. Guess that's not happening. I'm never letting a seller send something USPS again. I will pay what ever it cost to use UPS From now on.
Message 173 of 206
latest reply

This has happened to me, recently. I shipped a bunch of packages in small priority boxes. The delivery times ran from 6 days, to 18!!! I am very disappointed with USPS.

I have been watching several package that are being sent to me, and they've been sitting in the same hub, in my state, for the past 3 and 4 days. It's very frustrating.

Message 174 of 206
latest reply

I have been keeping track because I had noticed packages taking long time  to deliver.

What I found out was that 1st class and parcel took a long time to deliver.....especially parcel.  But all my priority mail items are delivered super fast.  I wonder if USPS is trying to subtley nudge us into using priority.

Message 175 of 206
latest reply

Ditto on the North Houston sort facility. I have a customer complaining right now for a package I sent on the 8th from Houston to VA still not being there - and still showing as in the N Hou sort facility. I can't ship the item before it's sold and I take my packages directly to the post office. I switched over to free shipping (and raised my prices accordingly) a little over a year ago, so my DSRs are not affected, but as much as I've explained to my buyer that the problem lies with the post office, I'm predicting negative feedback for the transaction.

I've also had ongoing problems with purchases I have made (2 packages in January, one in February, and three this month) where they are scanned as delivered by the PO, but I never got the packages. I call my post office and complain and the packages magically appear at my front door within a few days, even though tracking shows they were delivered sometimes a far back as two weeks prior. I've complained, but the bottom line seems to be that the workers are my post office don't have a clue what's going on and really don't seem to care either.

Message 176 of 206
latest reply

I also have shipped something from Greece to a customer frm the 24th of March and still has not been delivered. from greek postal office, there is track the the shipment arrived to USA and handled by customs and USPS from the 2th of march. I contacted USPS and they are saying that they have not received anything. i contacted other friends that have sold stuff to USA, they all have similar issues. my customer has filed a claim now through ebay while handling and speeding up the deliver is impossible and not my fault. have you any idea how ebay is handling these situations? are they going to approve refund? so what will happen when the end customer gets the package?(after lets say 2-3 weeks) what is ebay going to do? how is it going to force the customer to send the package back and at his own expenses?

Message 177 of 206
latest reply

Didn't get a negative, but did get my first neutral with feedback that stated that my shipping was not good. Messages from the buyer state that she has never received such poor service. I explained to her that I shipped the item within 24 hours, but that her complaint lies with the postal service, not me, yet I still got a neutral. I put this buyer on my special list and took advantage of that "report buyer" button on my feedback page. I'm waiting to see if eBay does anything about it.

Message 178 of 206
latest reply

And people wonder why the carriers have built up the rep of going "postal" . .. These systems do not work, because they have illegitimized the human factor and let computers take over. Granted, the post office has always had issues, but in these modern times - they are a real disgrace. Why? The bottom line. Why not let a computer chuck the mail out in these sorting instead of paying human beings to do it. So article 9015B gets put into bin 14 - no verification by the hands that scoop it into the bin, they've been trained not to argue with the system. Scan it, scan the bin - and off to the next piece. It really is that way.. And when there's something screwy going on it either takes a young lad to look down and say, hey - that's not right and fix it. Or a phone call from a **bleep** off person who has waited long enough for the well overdue package.

We see it in reality, but just like every other bottom line high end corporation - they see it will work as long as it looks good on paper - which every truly hard working person knows, is utter BS. Propaganda to stroke the higher ups while killing the blue collar positions, because they can show they are saving a great deal of money to afford that third yacht.

You all know that's the real problem... 🙂

Message 179 of 206
latest reply

Yes! Mine too! Moreno Valley!Cat Sad

What is going on?? I have to keep eyes on my mails all the time.

Message 180 of 206
latest reply