cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Re: Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

The one time we had packages not picked up, we called the local branch, and asked about it (it was weather related), and the branch manager came out to get them himself.

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 121 of 206
latest reply

Oh, I tried calling - they let it ring about 50 or so times then it switches over to busy signal. I tried about 10 times.

But I managed to catch our mailman who said they have someone new who claims the packages were not outside (they were, in a plastic bag to make carrying them to the truck easier). He also said the phone is never picked up - he can't even reach them if he needs to call in sick.

Message 122 of 206
latest reply

I dont often say nice things about them but I mailed 4 packages on Saturday and EVERY ONE was delivered today (Monday)!!!

Message 123 of 206
latest reply

My order was place April 23, 2014..

Just received this about my order and it was shipped on April 26, 2014..and priority 2-3 day

In Transit : On ScheduleExpected delivery: Thursday, May 15, 2014, by 8:00pm 

Your package has left seller facility and is in transit (Updated 0 minute(s) ago)

3 WEEKS? I could walk across America in 3 weeks
Message 124 of 206
latest reply

Our USPS District Manager (Long Island-NY) provided the contact for the status of  Foreign mailing , that is Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express-International, International Registered Mail or Priority Mail International Insured and uninsured parcels: the International Inquiry Center (IIC) at 1-800-222-1811- "Please ask to file an International Inquiry."

Message 125 of 206
latest reply

My mind is muddled by post office mixups lately.   There's no rhyme or reason why it should be happened to so many of us.

I mailed a bunch of packages at the end of March.   Two of them ended up in Florida--one was supposed to go to Tennessee and the other one ended up in a totally different area of Florida from where the buyer lived.   Tracking showed where they were.   I told the FL buyer to contact her local post office but they knew nothing.  She then called an 800 number for the post office and the package was prevented from being sent back to me and finally got sent to her.   The person in TN opened a case against me.    They both got their packages but it took about 20 days.  Then one of them dinged my shipping star.  Smiley Sad

Message 126 of 206
latest reply

USPS really is a mess. Just in the past couple weeks, I've had 2 packages that missed the expected delivery date put on Tracking. One missed it by 2 days (which is pretty good by their standard), the other is already 2 days late with no clear indication of when it'll arrive. The funny thing is there's no indication on why there's a delay in the middle of May when snow storms are blizzards are no longer a concern. Unsurprisingly, the only USPS package I've had come in time during this stretch was through Amazon Prime, which promises on time delivery or a month of free Prime (weather aside).

In short, USPS expected delivery dates are merely suggestions of when the package would arrive if the USPS was competent. As they are not, you probably should tack on another week to their estimates to be safe. Be prepared for your packages to sit in the origin city for a few days, because hey, its the USPS. What did you expect?

Message 127 of 206
latest reply

It's the thread that will never die! LOL!

thread.PNG

I'm tempted to turn it into a replacement Word Association game. Smiley Wink

Message 128 of 206
latest reply

I currently have a purchase coming to Virginia from Florida but it is in CALIFORNIA.  Has been for a week now.  Maybe they are investigating why it went so far out of the way on a trip that is 3 states away? And on the WRONG COAST!

Message 129 of 206
latest reply

@brl2001 wrote:

Our USPS District Manager (Long Island-NY) provided the contact for the status of  Foreign mailing , that is Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail Express-International, International Registered Mail or Priority Mail International Insured and uninsured parcels: the International Inquiry Center (IIC) at 1-800-222-1811- "Please ask to file an International Inquiry."

I was just in Ocean Side Long Island this weekend with friends.  I passed by the famous Bethpage facility.  Too bad I ddint stop in and pick up my packages that have been there for 3 weeks and drop them with the buyers while I was in the neighborhood.But you know holiday weekend an all that.

Message 130 of 206
latest reply

Affirmative......'nuff said.

Message 131 of 206
latest reply

I bought something of fasttech. Which to be expected was crazy slow. But the thing that I noticed is that it took 3 days to get from San Francisco, to Denver. I usually takes them one. Also on another order it took them a whole day to move my package one town over
Message 132 of 206
latest reply

I don't think this thread will ever die.
This tread started the same month I started selling over a year ago.
Apparently its going to be an ongoing problem.
Message 133 of 206
latest reply

Zombie Thread!!

********************************************************************************************
eBay is not one size fits all. There is no shame in selling low end items nor
glory in high end designers. Money is one color: green
********************************************************************************************
Message 134 of 206
latest reply

My stuff has been delivered pretty fast in general this week. 2 days at the most to West and East Coast, but I am in Denver.
Message 135 of 206
latest reply