cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goyard?

Does anyone know who to recommend for a Goyard authentication opinion? 

My go-to authentication company doesn't do Goyard and the Goyard authentication thread is closed on TPF as they no longer have an authenticator. 

I've been reading through the 200+ pages on TPF, comparing pictures of deemed authentic vs. deemed fake items and checking out various online "how to authenticate" blogs but as we know, there's a lot of misinformation online. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Goyard?

Have you tried the fashion detective?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi! I’m fairly new to the wonderful world of collecting jewelry and currently I’m just a buyer. However, I do plan on beginning to sell mainly costume jewelry soon and I’d love to find a reputable authenticator for some items that I have questions about. Would it be possible for you to share who you use? 

Thanks, Lisa 😃

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@lisadanielle9101 wrote:

Hi! I’m fairly new to the wonderful world of collecting jewelry and currently I’m just a buyer. However, I do plan on beginning to sell mainly costume jewelry soon and I’d love to find a reputable authenticator for some items that I have questions about. Would it be possible for you to share who you use? 

Thanks, Lisa 😃

@lisadanielle9101 

I use Authenticate4U but I don't know if they do costume jewelry. 

You can contact them through their Facebook page to ask if they do it and the brands or you can check out their website.

Note that there may be a delay in responses at this time as they're going through a difficult period.

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@sandimas wrote:

No, I've never heard of that. Is it a website? 

Thanks. Will look around.

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Found the site. Will check it out. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yes, and they do Goyard and come highly recommended. Good Luck

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I didn't find anything on them in Google searches or other handbag and accessories sites. It's strange that there's nothing -- not positive, not negative -- nada.

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@sandimas wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion of The Fashion Detective. 

I found his website, his Linked In page and several other resources.

When I looked at the authentication site, there was a reference to AI which scared me. I've seen a 50% error rate from another AI company and wanted human expert eyes to evaluate my item and NOT a computer algorithm with a dismal record. 

After verifying that authentications are done by people, I submitted my pictures, got an instant acknowledgement of receipt and within an hour, got my evaluation. And this was on a Saturday! I didn't expect to hear back until Monday! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No I haven’t but I will now, thanks! 😁

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! 😄

Message 11 of 11
latest reply