cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA MAKE MONEY SUPPORT GROUP - 4th Quarter 2017

GMM4Q.jpg

Now we're moving into what are some of the best selling months of the year, not to mention some of the nicest times of the year.  With fall underway, the weather's getting fine, buyers are looking for a new and interesting wardrobe.....so get your listings out there and let's MAKE SOME GREEN!    This is a group of like-minded sellers who share ideas, offer suggestions and solutions, and admittedly spend some time yakking together like friends.  Everyone is welcome here, so join in if you'd like and we'll be glad to see you back or meet you for the first time.

Here are our best ideas for successful selling, culled from years of selling experience:

1) LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer---try some with free shipping too. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

2) OPTIMIZE YOUR LISTINGS – By using the free Terapeak Keyword app (find it in the Applications tab), practice how to take better photos, change the keywords on your listing titles regularly, change the opening blurb in your store header every now and then, and experiment with price changes UP as well as DOWN! Run Sales on a regular basis with the Markdown Manager and also learn how to set up Promotions on your Store listings for better visibility.

3) DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're available to buyers. More listings = more bait in the water = more bites. 😄

4) OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started. Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much - sit down and figure it all out.

However, there are at least four really good reasons to have a store.... 1) listing fees are less if you have a store, 2) your items can be separated into categories making it much easier for buyers to shop, 3) you can run Promotions and Markdown Manager sales. They are two different ways to generate sales!, and 4) you can put your store in vacation mode when you need to get away for a bit.

5) DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket and it's good business sense to show respect to all. If you must, write up that snarky reply, laugh at it, then hit delete.

6) KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the drama, negative vibes and controversial, off-topic issues such as politics and religion.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Good sales overnight!  Glad I kept up with my listings!  😄    

Message 91 of 110
latest reply

More good sales, happy!!!!!

Message 92 of 110
latest reply

I appear to have gotten all of my listings back to fully compliant and am enjoying good sales----might want to check yours to be sure they're OK for https compliance and active content if you haven't already.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm

Message 93 of 110
latest reply

Huh, must be a glitch, but I can't see how to move past the first page on any thread on the board right now.....

Message 94 of 110
latest reply

TGIF and I'm going to be listing this weekend.....where is everybody?  Want to join me?  I'd love some company 😄  

Message 95 of 110
latest reply

Hi Beth, I just did a few relists and a few new listings, so I listed with you. I have never posted here before, I don't sell clothing unless you count doll clothes, LOL, but I list just about anything else I come across. 🙂 I am basically selling off my collections or things I have bought to list but never did, so shopping my piles to list! Small, sometimes seller here but a long time member of ebay. I admire you faithful listers, you've got it down pat. I'm no longer interested in listing full time, I do better with less or no pressure, LOL! Anyway, nice to "meet you". 🙂
Message 96 of 110
latest reply

Hey, glad to meet you too and have had company!   I'm listing again tomorrow, so how about joining me again?  I'm only a part time seller as well, but try to have something new up every week.  Beth    😄

Message 97 of 110
latest reply

Just posting a smile!  🙂

Message 98 of 110
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!  Hope you'll have a wonderful day recreating your traditions or starting new ones....hugs!  Beth

Message 99 of 110
latest reply

Hello Beth and other listers.  Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  This was the first year in 20 years that my house wasn't full of people.  I did have some good news though.  My youngest daughter got engaged.

I will have all six children home for Christmas so I'm preparing for that.  Hubby is trying to finish our main floor remodel by then.  I have to get new flooring for my laundry room and powder room.  Also get to buy new washer and dryer.  So I'm in a good mood :).   Have to take pics today while hubby is working around the house.  I'm sure he will be calling to help with something so I don't plan on doing much listing.  Also sold a few things so I have to get those ready for shipping.

Anyone else listing today?

Debbie
Message 100 of 110
latest reply

Glad to hear your family's coming AND that you'll get new stuff 😄

Good sales for me this week---I listed 10 or so yesterday and of course I do believe that fresh new listings seem to help things get seen.   Thanks, eBay!

Going to yoga class for the first time since the hurricane in September.  If you hear a loud creaking noise from 12:30 to 1:30, it's my bones 😄

Message 101 of 110
latest reply

Popping in to say Hi to everyone! I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was everything you wanted it to be. Ours was low key... just the two of us this year. But we each said what we are thankful for and had a feast, including all of our traditional side dishes. We've already made arrangements to go to FL and celebrate next year with our old neighbors! 😄

HELLO to all the new people! (waving)

I didn’t hear any creaking bones, so guess you survived yoga class Beth!

Threads... it's sweet of you to ask, but no need to remove the banner. I grab them off the internet and have probably changed it out by now anyway. No worries!

Shoe Sellers – I sell a ton of them and use the padded flat rate whenever I can. Place them sole to sole, sideways in the envelope and 99.99 times out of 100, no problems! People want “free” shipping, or very low cost shipping. $6.30 coast to coast vs $12… I try to keep costs low, since it seems like that’s what buyers want. For mens shoes and womens like Danskos that won’t fit into the FRPE… get some Regional A boxes. Again, place the shoes sole to sole, then into a Priority tyvek to prevent moisture damage, and slip that into the Regional A. Usually there is a bulge, it will still close! I put a strip of tape on both ends, just to be sure it stays sealed. $10.28 or thereabouts coast to coast. 😄

Some of these weekend sales are shoes:

Message 102 of 110
latest reply

Good sales, Olive!    I just found some nice Danskos to sell....wish they fit me!

Message 103 of 110
latest reply

Wow...this post slipped to "Page Two" of the category. Really? Did we run out of things to talk about?

How is everyone doing this Holiday Season?

I closed my store because I am dealing with family stuff BUT I still have items for sale...sales were dead and then I got about 10 sales after I closed my store! It makes no sense!

Happy Holidays, Everyone! I hope people will pop back in!

Message 104 of 110
latest reply

Great advice on packing shoes - thanks Olive!

Fashionista Funhouse Shop
Message 105 of 110
latest reply