cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm This Gucci Beaded Evening Bag is NOT Real?

Hi all. I fell down a bunch of internet rabbit holes trying to figure out if this is authentic. I was only 75% sure that is a fake until I finally looked at the stitching on the back of the label. Now I'm up to 99% sure... but would appreciate a second opinion. I found this among my mom's things, so it's hard for me to be objective. Plus, I know nothing about fashion, purses, stitching, labels, fabric... (list goes on).

From what I can gather, the size of the beads, asymmetry of some shapes, loose stitching (especially the loose/sloppy stitches holding on the label) make me think this is a fake.  It "feels" heavy/sturdy, though. I'm not sure about the label itself.  It says "Firenze" instead of "Florence". Unsure if using the Italian name is a "tell" or not.

Thank you to all that are willing to look.

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5733.jpgIMG_5734.jpgStitching on back of labelStitching on back of label

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Confirm This Gucci Beaded Evening Bag is NOT Real?

Thank you very much! I have submitted it to authenticate4u at the suggestion of jsales0. I haven't heard back yet, but will post back when I do.

I have been looking through family photographs and contacting family members to see if I can learn the story behind this purse.  This is turning into one of those mysteries that will nag at me until I figure it out.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I'm late to this thread but agree that it is likely authentic.  It's stunning!

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I never heard back from authenticate4u (No judgements - It sounds like a small shop. I'm sure any number of things could be getting in their way during this bizarre pandemic era we're all fighting through.)

Is there another trusted authentication service the community can recommend for this item?

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

IMO you want to use A4U. Perhaps you got lost in a pile-stuff happens. Please reach out to them through their Facebook page and see if you can get a response . You can try Castira but they have not been doing vintage Gucci. Maybe they’ll do yours. 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Perhaps contact via their Facebook page. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply