Coach Bag Problems

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Coach Bag Problems

@cyndiorcindy wrote:

My question is “is it authentic”?

Cindy, I think I figured out why you were having problems with the pictures. When I saved your pics, they saved as "jpeg" and I when I loaded them, got an error message telling me they weren't the right format. 

Once I changed the extension to jpeg to "jpg" they loaded. 

Your bag is an authentic cross-grained leather city zip tote, style number 36875. It was made to be sold at the outlet stores and your bag was made in March of 2016. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Can you post the pic of the creed patch so it's not upside down.

What is the problem or question you have?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi @cyndiorcindy

I got your message that you're having trouble uploading pictures. 

A little background: The OP posted on the member to member board here and since she'd get more Coachies here, I referred her to fashion. 

She also PM'ed me and requested that I upload her pictures because she was getting error messages. 

So with the OP's permission, I'm posting her pictures. (I'll follow with my opinion of authenticity in a post following the pics.) 

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

More pics: 

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@cyndiorcindy wrote:

Cindy, I think I figured out why you were having problems with the pictures. When I saved your pics, they saved as "jpeg" and I when I loaded them, got an error message telling me they weren't the right format. 

Once I changed the extension to jpeg to "jpg" they loaded. 

Your bag is an authentic cross-grained leather city zip tote, style number 36875. It was made to be sold at the outlet stores and your bag was made in March of 2016. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! Oh, how I wish I could sit and chat with and gather even a little of your knowledge! The bag didn’t feel right on the outside. It just isn’t like my other bags, and I am so grateful to you!!! 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@cyndiorcindy wrote:

Thank you! Oh, how I wish I could sit and chat with and gather even a little of your knowledge! The bag didn’t feel right on the outside. It just isn’t like my other bags, and I am so grateful to you!!! 

The crossgrain and saffiano leathers do have a different feel to them. It's more plasticy and stiff. 

Even different leathers from different cows can feel different from one bag to another. But unless you are comparing apples to apples, the "feel" of the leather, style of bag, stitching, hardware and other details vary. 

In your other thread (on member to member), you said you knew it was fake and if your comparisons were to other bags and styles, it's not a valid comp.

Again, the bag is authentic and in fact, if you do an ebay search of "Coach 36875," you'll see a bunch of the same style that you can compare.

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 9
latest reply