cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Bag G7M-4150 Authenticty?

My sale of Coach Bag Fletcher , Creed # G7M-4150, is called into question by the buyer.  The eBay item number is 253355702394. The sale date is January 25, 2018. 

I would appreciate assistance. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Coach Bag G7M-4150 Authenticty?

WHY does she think its fake? Insist on an explanation.

Because I dont see anything wrong with it, its a genuine Fletcher from 1997. Its hard to prove to the buyer that shes wrong unless we know what her reason is.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

WHY does she think its fake? Insist on an explanation.

Because I dont see anything wrong with it, its a genuine Fletcher from 1997. Its hard to prove to the buyer that shes wrong unless we know what her reason is.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Please reply in THIS thread and ignore the other two.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

wrote:

Please reply in THIS thread and ignore the other two.

@fashionclubgurl - CYE

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@mart5205 - may I ask where you're getting your bags?
albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I had a buyer who claimed I sold her a fake Coach wristlet. She didn't have another exact style no ONHAND to compare to, so END OF STORY.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it. The buyer wants to take the bag to a Coach store for an openion.  I don’t think Coach store personnel are allowed to openion but I’m glad to let the buyer try for it. I will let you know the outcome. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The problem is that it's a known fact that if the SA at the Coach store is told that the item was an ebay purchase, the employee will lie to the customer and tell her it's fake whether it's true or not.

Coach employees are not only disallowed from authenticating but are NOT trained to authenticate, don't know the details to look for in determining authenticity, often don't even know how to read and translate a serial number and in many cases, they weren't even born when some vintage bags were made. Additionally, many fakes have seemingly "legitimate" serial numbers so Coach employees have been known to "authenticate" over the phone based on a serial number. In such cases, there's a 50-50 chance of being wrong because authenticity CANNOT be determined without pictures!

For a bag made in 1997, the likelihood of a high-school part-time employee of Coach (who wasn't even born when your bag was made) getting it right is doubtful.

If your buyer really wants to get a professional opinion, she can invest $7.50 and have Authenticate4U give her their professional advice.

Have you referred your buyer here? Perhaps she can voice her concerns and have her fears allayed.

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Did she ever explain WHY she thinks its fake?

And as for Coach salespeople trying to authenticate, she needs to read the part of this Salearea Guide the near the bottom that talks about common authentication myths and asking anyone from Coach for an authentication:

Coach Authenticity Guides - Facts and Myths
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Coach-Authenticity-Guides-Facts-and-Myths-/10000000062607882/g.html

Message 10 of 10
latest reply