cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best low cost clothing steamer recommendations please

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good garment steamer that will quickly take out wrinkles in almost all clothing and maybe sanitizes as well?

Hand held or stand up?

Reliable, durable and dare I ask...under $100?

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best low cost clothing steamer recommendations please

I highly recommend getting a Jiffy Steamer - there is a handheld version, but I have a stand-up version.  Mine has never given me any trouble, never had to clean it because I only use distilled water in it.  The cheapie that I got from Aldi's only lasted for a year.  No biggie because I did not pay a lot for it.  Again, I highly, highly recommend a Jiffy Steamer.  And I purchased their Steam Board too which makes steaming a breeze!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I highly recommend getting a Jiffy Steamer - there is a handheld version, but I have a stand-up version.  Mine has never given me any trouble, never had to clean it because I only use distilled water in it.  The cheapie that I got from Aldi's only lasted for a year.  No biggie because I did not pay a lot for it.  Again, I highly, highly recommend a Jiffy Steamer.  And I purchased their Steam Board too which makes steaming a breeze!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

thanks so much! Which Jiffy model? Any chance it's under $100?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have the Jiffy J200 and Costco had them but that was ten (10) years ago.  I would shop around on google and sometimes I see them at estate sales and craigslsit.  I would suspect that the handheld is just as good as the floor models.  If I can manage to have extra money, I would buy the handheld one too.  I think the key to their longevity is Distilled water, at least for me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Totally agree. Distilled water IMO is the key to longevity for virtually anything exposed to most chemicals in water (depending on your water-ours is very hard and leaves tons of minerals so we have a system on our water and still don’t drink it or use it in equipment). We also use distilled or purified water in everything from our iron to flushing nasal passages

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much. The internet reviews agree with you! The Jiffy steamer is top rated. Thanks for the tips and for the distilled water recommendation.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply