cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning about 256 GB USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Drive Storage Thumb Drive Pen U Disk BLUE

I have a Warning for buyers And sellers.  Setting aside how slow the file transfer is (35 minutes for an 8GB video transfer) is Not my warning, this is: I Always scan my computer before I plug in a new USB. I do that while Not on the internet. I had NO viruses. My ESET Nod32 virus program is Always running. I plugged in this drive. Nod32 found 2 Virus files on it. 1 of them was Win32/Ramnit.A virus. The 2nd one was Win32/Agent.RNS trojan. Nod32 deleted them. Why or How are viruses on a brand new flash drive?! I got No windows error messages. The next thing I did was format the drive. It is a FAT32 (xFat) flash drive. I tried to transfer 2 "You tube" videos from 2 desktop folders. One of the videos did not even transfer data, so there was nothing in the folder. The other did transfer. Both videos were the same format. That took 35 minutes. My conclusion is that these are Junk and it's a quality control issue. If you buy 1, install it Off line and hope that you have a good anti-virus program. My opinion also is that Some of these might have virus on them, right from the factory like mine did. If that's the case then the sellers might not know that. All I do know is that my seller refunded my money REALLY fast. My Win7 Pro works perfectly with anything else. Just out of curiousity, after I formatted this, I tried to transfer 40 GB of mixed files. I stayed off line. The transfer took 3 hours 25 minutes. I've never seen anything like that. I know what this message might cause. I'm just trying todo what's right

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0