cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay money back garranty it's a scam de facto!

eBay promised me refund my money, if I send lense back to Spain seller. I honestly sent it back, I paid $130 for parcel, and two-thraee weeks later, ebay sent me a notice, that they decided to reject refund my money!  I've lost $ 1,400.  "Thank you" eBay, Good luck!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay money back garranty it's a scam de facto!

@olegus2015  was the item you sent back bought from the ID you are posting from or do you have another? This ID you are posting from shows no purchases/feedback for over a year.....

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay is pretty heavily biased in favor of buyers over sellers.  So, have to ask, exactly how did you handle this situation?

For instance, did you open an item not as described case within 30 days of receiving the lens?

If so, did you follow up four days later and ask eBay to step in?

Are we missing some information here? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@olegus2015  was the item you sent back bought from the ID you are posting from or do you have another? This ID you are posting from shows no purchases/feedback for over a year.....

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That was over two years ago!  I couldn't even imagine that this could happen to me!?

I did everything following eBay instructions, eventually, they asked me to send the item back,

And after providing postshop receipt they promised to refund my money back.

However, a few days later, they informed me that refund is impossible. I have lost more than $1400. I could cancel bank transaction on time, buy I didn't know about it unfortunately.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This happened over two years ago?

Then, as now, you had eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  Have no idea why you would not have known about it, or would not have used it to get your refund, but surely you understand that this happened because of that oversight. Sorry for your loss.

And why post about it now?  Since then, there are probably hundreds or thousands of buyers who have successfully used the MBG when a transaction has gone wrong.  Your title is in error.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply