cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspiciously Cheap Phone ????

So I may have just done something incredibly stupid, I've been looking to buy a new phone as my old one is starting to die on me, I was searching for a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and found one for $105.79. I was very suspicious, I assumed it was either a scam, or stolen item, but assuming if it was scam or a fake, ebay buyer protection would work for me. So I bought it. This just happened about an hour ago, the seller has already relisted the phone

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S9-Plus-G965F-DS-DUAL-SIM-128GB-BLACK-FACTORY-UNLOCKED/18349...

They have no new seller feedback, all feedback as a buyer. They have been continuously listing more insanely cheap electronic items. If this is a scam and they send me a brick or broken phone, will I be protected? I thought I could open a return through ebay's money back guarantee but now I'm worried they may be able to trick ebay somehow and I might not get a product or a refund. I'm worried they'll do something like, provide a real tracking number (mailing me an empty box or fake phone) and then delete their account. 

If this turns out to be a scam, am I protected?

I know this was a stupid idea and I really don't need people calling me out for that, I just hoped for some reason it was legit and I could get a new hone without having to save up for months.

I did buy a squaretrade protection plan with it that has already arrived, not sure if that adds to its legitimacy or not?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Update:

since I have bought the phone, they have sold 1 more and relisted it again, sold 3 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING, 08G-P4-5670-KR, 8GB GDDR5 for $76.99 and relisted it, sold 2 Apple iPad 5th Gen. 128GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in - Space Gray for $83.95 and relisted it and 1 DELL 15.6" Full-HD Intel Core i5-7200U 3.10GHz 8GB 1TB DVD+RW Win10 Laptop for 112.99 and relisted it. They seem to be acting more and more suspicious and I'm wondering if I should try to cancel my order? The money is still pending in my paypal, it says the seller hasn't accepted it yet.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

scam, am I protected?

ebay help +1 [833[272;0777]I know this was a stupid idea and I really don't need

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Cant open your link but it sounds like a hacked account. You cant cancel the transaction, only the seller can do that.Your PP payment will revert back to you in thirty days if it is not collected. If a seller ever sends you a brick or whatever, just file a not as described case, and send it back. the seller is responsible for return shipping if you file within thirty days of payment on ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah man you will not find a suitable (in working order or partable) Samsung Galaxy S8/9+/s+ even for parts at $100.00. 

Pay attention to the price, how new the product is, who the manufacturer is, the description of the item and its condition. Also look up the MSRP prices and try to find a reputable seller with great feedback and note the prices. Buying a phone, especially used online takes ALOT of homework.

Sorry for your misfortune and best of luck in the future.

Roll Tide
Message 5 of 5
latest reply