cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick and tired of cellphones listed as New or New/Other

I am trying to purchase an LG G6. I always ask for the IMEI in advance, so I could check with the carrier to insure the phone hasn't been on an account. Usually the seller will not provide, and I can accept this as working IMEI's can be used to clone another phone. Got 2 so far, a "Brand New and a New/Other) after I got both, checked with the carrier. First started with a seller with 99.9% rating on 40,000+ ratings. Phone had been used for a little over a year and vibration did not work. Asked 2nd seller if phone was unused before purchasing, said it was, I purchased, checked when I received,  used for 9 months. And in many listings the sellers try to get around it by stating in the listing "these may be a customer return" New and New/Other by Ebay's definition mean UNUSED. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sick and tired of cellphones listed as New or New/Other

All my sympathies friend. Electronics shopping is the modern third circle of h e double hockey sticks.

I finally bought my phone and a. Its an older model than advertised, b. It works about as well as my old flip phone. Less so sometimes. But I paid $400 for it and Im tired of fighting and returning so Im keeping it until it dies of "updates".
Message 2 of 2
latest reply