cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't respond when I ask about item being shipped and it's been over 4 days

I recently bought a switch off of a guy on the 4th with 100% feedback and 17 reviews so seemed reputable enough. He said it was in excellent condition and everything then he asked me to message him when paid for which I did and he said it would be shipped by Monday morning (7/6) and no later. It's been two days and he hasn't replied when I asked if he shipped it late Monday night and continues to ignore my messages. His handling time said 3 business days after payment so am I just being too impatient or is something up. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller won't respond when I ask about item being shipped and it's been over 4 days

What day of the week was it when you paid for it? Friday?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Saturday and Sunday are not business days. If his shipping time is three days, he has until Wednesday to ship it.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Your seller can ignore your messages, but can't ignore the estimated delivery date. If it still hasn't arrived one day past the date shown, you can open an Item Not Received case.

I don't understand why the seller needed a message from you when it was paid for, though... eBay tells him that.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You may be showing some impatience. Yes the seller should have mailed it by Monday but a number of things could have prevented seller from getting to the PO. You are counting weekend days, plus a holiday when you say four days but only week days actually count. Today is Wednesday so currently the seller is at three days, which is the handling time they listed. 

For every purchase you are given an estimated date of arrival. Once they ship your item just go by that date. If your item is not delivered by the date given to you by eBay, which is an automatic email, then you can open an item not received case. You will be covered either way. No reason for a buyer to message a seller after payment, all communication necessary is handle by eBay. 

Why not look at this more positively. There is no reason for you to be thinking this seller is out to cheat you. How much could you have spent on this? Sending more messages will only serve to irritate the seller and that may be why they aren't responding anymore. Slow down a bit and try to think positively. All will work in your favor. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

His handling time said 3 business days after payment so am I just  being too impatient  or is something up?

Yes, you're being too impatient.   They have until midnight tonight to put it in the mail. 

You should not even be messaging the seller until after midnight tonight. Then eBay says to allow 48 hrs for the seller to respond to messages. 

They also say it's not mandatory they answer messages or let you know when it's been shipped.  You have an expected delivery date in the listing.  A smooth transaction is you pay and they ship and you get the item when it's expected. No hand holding is necessary.  Hand holding is did you get my payment,  can you let me know when you ship, etc.  

You have buyer protection if it isn't received  and you can't do anything until after the expected delivery date so there's no need to start stirring the pot until then.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply