cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My stolen iPhone was sold - buyer texted me - what next?

my watch disappeared at an airport — I put the lost phone msg on via Find My Phone and someone who had bought it from ebay for parts (the case) texted me and sent me a photo of the original ad. I still have the box with the original serial number. the seller is 60 miles from me, the buyer is 1,000. Is the best way for me to proceed to go to the airport police to get a police report to submit to eBay?  Is there any point in contacting the seller?  It’s all a hassle!! 

what would you you do next?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

situation is being resolved to the satisfaction of all parties — buyer refunded, I get my watch back. I contacted the seller directly who responded and refunded immediately. Thanks all for input. 

The watch’s serial number is on the box — only if seller made faux boxes with serial numbers could I have bought one fakes to match a watch that was 1,000 miles from me. So it would have been proof - but bought it via Amazon so have proof.

anyway folks, activate the Lost Phone/Watch thingie if your gear gets gone...it works.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

you may need your proof that the watch is yours...do you have the receipt when you bought it?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What part of "I still have the box with the original serial number." do you not understand, bonjourami?
The buyer should demand a refund from the seller, and send you your phone. Urge them to do that, and to dispute with PayPal if needed. You should thank them and offer to send some money for their trouble and shipping, after you get it back.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You must not watch Judge Judy..she would never accept a 'box with the serial number' as proof of ownership in a theft case. I dont expect the police would either.Its receipt,receipt,receipt.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

its certainly easy enough to buy an iphone box with any serial number on the internet. There are 63,000 of them listed right here on Ebay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

situation is being resolved to the satisfaction of all parties — buyer refunded, I get my watch back. I contacted the seller directly who responded and refunded immediately. Thanks all for input. 

The watch’s serial number is on the box — only if seller made faux boxes with serial numbers could I have bought one fakes to match a watch that was 1,000 miles from me. So it would have been proof - but bought it via Amazon so have proof.

anyway folks, activate the Lost Phone/Watch thingie if your gear gets gone...it works.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

am doing that!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Glad you are getting it back and had the Amazon proof.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the follow-up...glad it's working out for all concerned.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply