cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a offer but they wont pay when you except the offer.

I recently was offered 1000 dollars for a Roland Piano and dropped my price by 500 dollars then the person would not pay for it. 

Yesterday I had an offer of 100 dollars on an electronic item for an item that was 150 dollars so I accepted the offer so far no payment no messages nothing.

I realize this is not the end of the world or the sky is falling scenario but come on. There really should be something done about this from eBay. I do have one simple suggestion here to eBay here and it is not asking much. 

My suggestion to solve this issue is so simple. It pretty much works like buy it now pay now or your item stays on the market if they do not pay right now. No reason to have to wait for week for the person to pay because they are shopping without the money in there bank. 

Another problem I have with this is the competition could be pulling your item off the market not from just eBay but from other sites like Mecarri, Reverb, etc. so they can sell thier item ahead of your.

Please fix this if anyone can hear me here eBay.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Same thing I accepted allot of offers but no one pays I don't understand this cause I have 17 offers and I'm waiting for 4 days to cancel to do it all over again

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I agree with you that people who make insincere offers are an annoying reality of eBay.

However, in fairness, it's also very frustrating to contact someone on a site like this and receive an immediate reply, "sorry, this item sold on another site and is no longer available."

This is kinda the price we have to pay for the freedom to put listings up and take them down as we please. Canceling the listing and starting over is much better than being forced to complete a transaction you don't want. The latter can result in vindictive claims and property damage as buyers and sellers try to "teach each other a lesson about e-commerce."

eBay caused a lot of these problems by making it near-impossible for buyers and sellers to communicate with each other and work issues out. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply