cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: how do i know an IPHONE7 seller is Honest ??

So there's that seller for an unlocked iphone7 , he said the phone is "new" but the box is not sealed (opened box), he claims he had to open & activate it to make sure that the phone is really UNLOCKED, i have a little feeling that this might be a scam, does he really need to activate a phone to make sure it's unlocked? i mean if it's factory unlocked we trust apple we don't check after them right? ...what do you think ?, i mean even if the phone is working properly and in perfect condition it might have been used before, is there a way to know that ??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Check all the seller's feedback (selling, not buying), and go with your gut. Usually if the deal is too good to be true, it is. But, when you get the phone you should be able to also tell if it has been previously used before, and can return it (if the seller offers returns). 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

When they say UNLOCKED, it means that the phone was tied to a certain carrier (cellphone provider) and that tie was removed. To do so you have to reprogram the device. In the first place, if it's locked that means the carrier sold or provided it with an existing plan, such phones would not likely be sold without a service contract.

I would say it is NOT new by definition, it is refurbished or used. If you have questions you should call the service provider it was originally set up for and ask the, as well as talk to eBay.

If it seems fishy, pass. There are a ton of iPhones. I think you could buy one from Apple and assign it to a carrier just as easily. And there seem to be more problems with buying cellphones than other things.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply