cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosmetic Description Under Functionality

Hello All,

I purchased a "New" Other cellphone from a company.  I got it yesterday, and it has significant burn-in of the keyboard.  I contacted the seller, who told me that that information was in the describtion.  I read and re-red the description and could not find it; at least not where I expected to find it.  Then, I saw it in the small print under Functionality.

Are sellers allowed to deliberately put product detractions in the wrong categories.  I know I should read every little word, but when I read that the phone was in perfect cosmetic condition, I was satisfied with that.  I did not expect to find info on a cosmectic defect under Functionality.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cosmetic Description Under Functionality

@kjsnaggles wrote:

I know I should read every little word, but when I read that the phone was in perfect cosmetic condition, I was satisfied with that.  I did not expect to find info on a cosmectic defect under Functionality.

Listing didn't have any photos? Cosmetic refers to things like nicks or scratches on the item. Not being able to see the keyboard is a functional issue. So because you didn't take the time to read the entire description, you didn't get what you thought you were buying. Does the seller take returns? If not you're stuck with it.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply